Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

re-mastered "The feeding of the 5,000" out now

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, Aug 16, 2010.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    When you assume you make an ass out of yourself

So what your saying is that Crass and yourself are the only true anarchists on the planet? You stupid motherfucker, why don't you come down off your (typically British) high horse

Again you assume that you are dealing with bourgeoisie 'kids' that have done nothing and know nothing, I could give a fuck less about Crass and what went on in England in the early 80's because no one should be idolized as the end all be all of anything and they have absolutely no relevance on real life and real anarchism. If the internet had been around we would have used it as much as we do now, just as we used any tools available to us then. I also see that you fail to mention the court proceedings that the members are currently engaged in against each other which in my eyes negates everything they ever supposedly "stood for". In closing who gives a fuck about what you think, maybe once you are done deep-throating the memory of Crass's ghosts you'll realize that their music is made obsolete and irrelevant by their subsequent actions.

2. Mindriot

Mindriot Member New Member

Sep 22, 2010
     United Kingdom
    As i said - real fucking idiot - i never claimed to be an anarchist - so its you who are assuming here so you just made an ass out of yourself, at least i admitted i was assuming.

I also never said i had an open house policy - another assumption you fucking retarded cunt.

So who is the motherfucker now - Asshole

3. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    You are, you dumb piece of shit, why don't you go fuck yourself with your Crass worship, nobody here gives a fuck about what Anglo-centric babbling you have to say. Go lick their balls somewhere else, like I said before they, and you are irrelevant. :lmao:

4. Mindriot

Mindriot Member New Member

Sep 22, 2010
     United Kingdom
    Yes, i see, constructive arguements are your strong point - i can see that now - so to put myself at a level your obviously superior intelectual level can handle - i will piss off you jumped up worthless racist plastic anarchist piece of shit - i was another one who thought i might find some decent constructive arguement on here and was also wrong - wont be coming back here - fuck you very little - now go back to your scum mates and tell em how brave you are on the internet - fucking idiot

5. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Don't leave mad chump, just leave... what did you expect a bunch of little kids on here that would be intimidated by your insults? Sorry I'm not claiming superior intellect to any one , quite the contrary, we are all equal, and because of that no one is above criticism, certainly not Crass and certainly not you when you choose to use arguments that are condescending to any member of this forum. Plastic anarchist huh? hahaha maybe I am and maybe I'm not, you sure as fuck don't know with just a couple of paragraphs of discussion between us, but since you seem to be judge and jury why don't you go judge your momma, genius boy? :lmao:

6. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    HAHA so you play in an Anarcho band but aren't anarchist.....hmmmmm not that it's a requirement to do so but don't you find that the least bit contradictory...?

7. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Stupid argument. The question is not what crass WAS but what crass IS today. Everyone here including myself agree that crass was a fucking good band back in the time, and the way they act is an example to follow for all punk bands.

Wow you are so cool, congratulations, so if i'm not old enough i don't have the right to critize them, how anarchist !

My house is not a public area, dumbass, a squat is. And yeah everyone can come here and have fun with us, it happens all the time where i live. But again this is a worthless argument, like some philosopher said, "my mediocrity isn't excusing your's"

What a fucking ridiculous argument. I need to have a copy of a remaster to critize it ??? Do i need to buy a bigmac to have the right to say that McDonalds is shit ?? That's so stupid. And no i'm not ever going to pay a remaster of a "pay no more than 3$" album for 4 time the price it was 30 years ago.

Are you kidding me ??? Please tell me this is a joke. You are saying that you must work in order to be an anarchist ??

Once again your arguments are irrevelant. Crass used to sell cd for 3$ and they could still make profit. Please explain me why they can't do it anymore.

You don't know what you are talking about. Read again this post, i explain clearly how they make a shitload of profit:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4806&start=40#p31392

They don't need so much to release the next record. And theyre still going to make profit with the next one.

You're a fucking idiot. Production cost goes down as the year goes. CD-ROM are cheaper today than it was 30 years ago. Same for pressing fees since there is so much competition. It's capitalism marketing 101 : production costs always goes down as the years goes. Computers are less expensives today, same thing for cars, cd-roms, radios, guitars, etc....

I already proved that you can press a couple of hundreds of albums for only around 0,25 euros each cd:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4806&start=40#p31392

?????????????? what the fuck is this bullshit argument

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ...... yeah, right, my ass....

Oh yeah right, sureee.... So lets say it may explain the cost of 1£ per album...... but what for the other 10£ ?????

False. I already proved it cost under 1 euros for each record, and i don't even have the contact that crass have (they probably pay less)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: you're really a fucking big idiot, SHIPPING COSTS AREN'T INCLUDED IN THE SALE PRICE
    https://www.southern.net/eu-shop/index. ... farisg1rj3

But hey i thought you already bought that album so YOU SHOULD KNOW, shouldn't you ??

You're a fucking retard.

Oh ok so now we must "deserve" something to have the "right" to download it, you have a very interessing concept of file sharing. And no i'm not going to spend 12gbp for Crass Corporation

It is possible to do it and some bands are still doing it.

Crass is anarchist peace punk, dumbass

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You're hilarious, you don't understand anything of internet.

8. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Hahhahahahahahah now we are racists ??? :lmao: :lmao:

Just leave and fuck off, no one care about you and we don't need your fanboy worshipping of your idols of the past. Good bye. All you can do is throw random arguments you can't even back up and randomly insult people here. Get out.

9. Crimewave

Crimewave Member Forum Member

Oct 1, 2010

Hi All - i was going to introduce myself but have just been sent this pile. This person DOES NOT PLAY FOR CRIMEWAVE - he is using a name that i use for my DIY badge business and i am pretty pissed off about it too. Whoever this fool is had better watch out,we are not happy he has used our name to basically troll this forum - Yes i do play for a streetpunk band -i play bass for The Warriors but shithead should have known this instead of saying -will go nameless for now - he got the web addresses right tho - im presuming that he doesnt like Crimewave and came on here to make us look stupid. Well fuck him - only one member of Crimewave ever saw Crass and that was our bass player (who some of you from the UK might know) - to say we are an anarcho band was not too way off the mark but we are not strictly anarchists just hate our government and love music. I did notice in his post he uses some americanisms like dumb ass and things like that - we dont unless we have to to prove a point. We apologise for this idiot - GO ON MINDRIOT I DARE YOU TO SHOW UP AT ONE OF OUR GIGS and introduce yourself - you obviously know something about us coz you also know where we come from - COWARD hiding behind a keyboard - come and see us wanker and stop using my fucking business name to further your useless agenda.

Again apologies to people on this forum thinking this idiot plays for Crimewave - he does not - we don't know who he is yet but will find out.

The only thing he got right is that the remasters are fucking excellent - if a bit expensive - 8 quid would have been a bit nearer the mark but still too much

10. Crimewave

Crimewave Member Forum Member

Oct 1, 2010

Fuck me this cunt has been using my e-mail address too - just had a load of shit from various different forums he has obviously subscribed too.

Admin - could you please remove this idiot as he is using an e-mail address that actually belongs to me and i dont particularly want to change it as it is my means of contacting people for business and could be very damaging to me and Crimewave and as we havent done much yet could stop us from doing anything further.

I just had a discussion while typing this with our bass player and he is pissed off about it too as it is only me and him that go back to 1980 (when shithead claims to have woken up) and i was too young to go anywhere then.
    We do have an idea who it is and it is someone who knows us and we will be knocking on his door - please remove this fool and my e-mail address (which is readily available on various websites so it wasnt hard to find).
    I have just had to spend a while e-mailing different forums to get this fucker removed - please remove him. Thanks in advance

11. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

seems like a good idea to me, we get fucktards on this forum, but using other ppl's email is pretty troll like, and deserves banishment inho

12. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

Interesting, this. I was also very disappointed in (What Once Was) Crass. Not because of the remasters but because of the ridiculous fights between the ex-members about the remasters. Kindergarten politics. Now that Southern has decided to go ahead and release Feeding anyway I can only applaud that decision. I have read the posts here and could hardly believe my eyes. What great arguments ("you fucking piece of shit") and brilliant logic. Especially the bit about the pricing is so ridiculous it's almost funny. I think some of the posters really need to do some research on inflation. Two pounds then is AT LEAST nine pounds now.

Furthermore, there is NO FUCKING WAY you can get a package like the remastered Feeding produced for the amount of money Ungovernable quotes. Sure, you can release something for that money but it wouldn't look ANYTHING like the Feeding package. There's the CD (color printed label), the gatefold sleeve it sits in (double sided color print), the booklet (64 pages, full color, quality paper, not stapled but bound), a poster (double sided print) and then the box to hold it all (color print). Pretty good value for money, I think. Any other band would release a package like that as a "Limited Collector's Edition" at twice the price.

Okay, collect all boxes and together they make up a Crass logo. Not the most original of ideas, but what the hell. Even that is a problem for some here. Sell out, sell out! Eh, nobody is FORCING you to buy all six (I certainly won't buy '10 Notes', for example).

And yes, you can record and mix in your PC with a few hundred quid worth of software and hardware. I do it too. But does that give you the sound quality and definition of the remastered Feeding? No sir, it won't. Not anywhere NEAR it. This has been a professional remastering job and it sounds fantastic. Those studios come with a pretty price tag too.

It's quite possible that (What Once Was) Crass will make some money this time around. Good on them, they deserve it after all they've done. First of all, they do NOT own Dial House, they are in massive debt because of it. They can do with some cash. Second, they have pumped god-knows-how-much money in the punk scene already. Third, Southern is in a bad state. People have lost their jobs, warehouse closed, etc. If the money from the re-releases will give Southern some new life, then other bands will benefit from that as well. Finally, I don't think the sales and profits will be so massive that we'll see Penny developing a coke habit and buying a Ferrari anytime soon. Or has Coca Cola licensed Banned From The Roxy already?

Sell out? Get real. Sure, it would have been nice if the remasters were a little cheaper than ordinary CDs. "Pay No More Than..", I don't know, a tenner or something. But they're not. Big deal. Nobody is forcing you to buy them and it's still a very good price for what you're getting.

13. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

I would like to see some of the kindergarden politics, and I guess the conflicts are kind of a proof that not "Crass" is doing this buisness thing, but just certain people who were Crass and grew older, ending up like the pistols pretty fragrance.
    there is an old saying in germoney going like that:

it's ok to be a communist if you are 15
    but to become 30 and still being communist is stupid.
    (anarchist' remark: It IS stupid to be communist)

yes, expectations are high on Crass, what they did is still outstanding and became a example - most people on this forum still regard the music and the lyrics - so it leaves a bad feeling to see some of them (former Crass) becoming "reasonable" and do this buisness thing, instead of still being stupid while growing older like I am.

yes, nobody forces me to buy the re-release - and I will not buy it, I would love to see the booklet with the art work and stuff - but the smell of a "Limited Collector's Edition" is just too bad and I would miss the old "do not pay more..." prints/stickers too.

You got your point of view, I got mine - and it's only ok. this way.

14. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I already proved it giving links. It's not like I never released an album, I know what i am talking about.

I posted a link to a company that will produce 500 units for less than half a euro each. And i suppose the prices would be lower if you buy multiple thousands of units like crass do.

If it is impossible to sell albums lower than 12 pounds then please explain me why some bands are still selling albums for less than 25% of that price ?

If it's impossible to sell at a lower cost then please explain to me why next month I will be releasing a professionally remastered compilation CD for around 5$ each album. Sure it doesn't have a 64 pages booklet and a poster, but do you really think that the poster and the booklet would cost me an additional 15$ per album ?
    (12GBP = 20USD)
    And by the way, by selling the albums at 5$ i will be STILL MAKING PROFIT (that will be given to the cause since I'm not a sellout)

And you think that the booklet and the poster can justify the cost of like 20 euros ??? Everything else is already included in the deal i found, less than 1 euro per exemplary.

Businessman marketing technique.

Wow what a great argument.

Hey man, Green Day didn't sell out, nobody is forcing you to buy their albums !!!

Ok so let's say that it can explain the cost of 1 additional pound per album. If they sell 10,000 it's 10,000 pounds, pretty much enough to pay the studio remastering job, no ?

Another shitty argument.
    THEY chose that Crass is not a product of consumerism, THEY chose to not make any profit, THEY chose the "pay no more than 3 pounds" thing.
    Now that their band has become famous they chose to make profits with it even if its dead. Only a fan-boy like you can support this masquerade.

15. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

So if you kept that profit (what, a dollar per disc?) you'd be a sell out? Interesting judgement. I'm glad you've obviously got other sources of income that pay your bills. Or have people who pay them for you. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. I'm sure it's very comfortable when you can afford a Taliban-like 'holier than thou' attitude. Enjoy it. It doesn't do dialogues much good, though, and neither do personal attacks. So if you don't mind I'll ignore future posts by you (and if you do mind, I still will). Good luck with your release.

16. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

Absolutely. I was just trying to make a counter point against some of the remarks I'd read here. Nothing wrong with disagreeing as such. (By the way, those Pay No More labels disappeared from the sleeves over 20 years ago.) I can see why some people would think this remastering is wrong but I fear they have an image of the former Crass members that is seriously distorted.

17. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    So because he doesn't agree with you he is the Taliban? Why not just call him a fascist neo-Nazi while your at it? And stating that you will ignore his posts is really childish, why not just ignore them without posting about it. The release you wish him good luck on is a benefit to keep our sister non-profit forum up and running. And just a little fyi, many of us could care less about Crass, many of us have totally lost faith in them, many of us still love them and think they can do no wrong....who gives a fuck?

18. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

No dude, read what I wrote.

Because that wouldn't make sense?

Again, read what I wrote. I tried to get a dialogue going but (as more or less expected from his previous posts in this thread) that didn't work out. The guy jumps to conclusions, ignores what doesn't fit his views, and can't resist to confuse the messenger with the message. Fine, but I'm not interested in that kind of 'communication'. (Although his line "CD-ROM are cheaper today than it was 30 years ago" in a message to Mindriot was very funny.)

So? Should I have wished him EXTRA good luck because of that? What's your point?

19. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I read what you wrote, and you make several assumptions,

The way I see it he doesn't have a holier than thou attitude, Crass were his heroes at some point and now they aren't and he gives examples why and argues his points with references. But to say Taliban-like is straight out insulting bullshit.

And my point was that you wrote "good luck" in an obviously sarcastic manner.

20. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

Says the man who wrote "you dumb piece of shit, why don't you go fuck yourself" just a few messages back. But okay, I'll spell it out. The phrase was "Taliban-like 'holier than thou' attitude" which referred to his attitude concerning the remasters. No more, no less. If you can't tell the difference between that and muslim extremists...

Actually, I meant it. [sarcasm ON] And since you've got such awesome psychic powers, don't forget to pick next week's winning lottery numbers. [sarcasm OFF]