Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

re-mastered "The feeding of the 5,000" out now

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, Aug 16, 2010.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    You're right, but don't take me out of context I was called a lot worse before I responded, I didn't see any comments t'wards you before you started being insulting. Don't worry you aren't the first to try and come on to the forum aggressively without so much as an introduction first, its so punk and anti. Hmmm after only 6 posts you're making great friends here, keep up the great work!

2. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

I actually can't believe people can fight over one band so much: Crass are a bunch of smelly hippies who released a couple of good records. there not that brilliant and there not people I would want to aspire to. Pacifism and anarchy - bleh complete idealism.

My recommendation: Listen to Shitlickers!

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    You really can't read. First you put words in my mouth, and second i said like 10 times that you can release an album for a production cost of less than 1 dollar per CD. that's 4$ per cd. 4$ per cd on 1000 exemplaries (small release) is 4000$ dollar of profit. Yes, that's disgusting to make 4000$ of profit out of activism activities when you pretend to be an anarchist. What's next ? We will ask to be paid to go to protests ? Ask to be paid to spread propaganda ? Ask to be paid to distribute propaganda pamphlets and texts on walls?

Anti-capitalism is all about being opposed to making profit out of a marketting product while you sit on your ass and do nothing. I have more respect for a band that work to organize gigs even if the entrance price is high, than a bunch of sellouts making a shitload of profit on a dead band while doing nothing.

I never made a single dollar on album releases, concerts organized or anything i did for the scene. I do it because i want to make an action for what i believe in, not because i want to pay my bills.

Yes, sorry but i never counted on my activist activities or my role in the punk scene to pay my bills. ANARCHISM IS NOT A JOB, AND PUNK ROCK IS NOT A JOB. And by the way i am leaving on my own since i'm 16 years old so fuck off.

You're already ignoring everything i say and you keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again, even if i repeat myself you still don't understand so no i don't give a fuck, but i will keep replying to the bullshit that you post for the peoples that might read you.

Anyway, you're a fucking hypocrite, you call me a taliban and then you cry because i supposedly attack you personnally yet thats what you are doing since the beginning. Then you talk about dialogue but you don't even allow me to reply and you ignore me because you don't accept different point of views. Maybe you should read the definition of a dialogue. Why the fuck did you register here if you ignore other's point of views?

....And calling me a taliban makes sense??

YOU are the one who ignore what doesn't fit your views, hypocrite. At least i have the courage to reply to you without ignoring your arguments, unlike you.

Wow what an argument, you say i'm funny but you can't even explain why i'm supposedly wrong. YES cd-rom are cheaper today and 30 years ago it was way more expensive. Same thing happenned with videotapes, tapes, DVD, etc.... it's marketing 101 : sale prices always goes down as the years goes. Same thing for recording studio fees or remastering fees. Pretending the opposite is a total misunderstanding of economy and marketting

Oh yeah right, because i critize something i'm a taliban, bwahahahha.... If i'm a taliban then you act like a fucking christian worshipping his god (crass) and you can't even accept that other critize your holy god because they're so perfect and they can do whatever they want because they did sooo much. Wow.

Amen.

Crass released a couple of good albums but it wasn't the best band of the century. I love them only for what they stand for - they were the pionners of anarcho-punk - and they acted in an exemplary way (benefit gigs, didnt really make profit, very involved in anarchism activism, very good lyrics, etc...)

But yeah, anarchy&peace sounds good but it's so idealist.

4. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

Yay! Ungov and I agree! :beer:

5. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

Neither can I. And for the record, I'm not fighting. I'm trying to discuss the other side of the story without calling people fucking idiots every other sentence, without jumping to conclusions, and without only reading what I want to read. Apparently that's not the thing to do here. Oh well... knee jerk reactions ahoy. Depressing.

6. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yup you're right, you prefer to call people "talibans", it's soo much more polite. Fucking hypocrite.

Hypocrisy again : you read only what you want to read and you chose to ignore me because you've got nothing to answer and you don't like my point of view. Why the fuck did you register on a DEBATE forum ? Get the fuck out and go do your monologue somewhere else if you can't debate.

My last post didn't even contain insults like "fucking idiot" and you didn't even have the courage to reply, you are trying to find pathetic reasons and excuses to avoid having to debate with different point of views... Why did you come here ? ....

You're supposed to be a punk but you're offended like a little virgin as soon as someone call you an idiot woah, what the fuck ??

7. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

Dude, you are just proving my point... time and time again.

8. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    What the fuck am i proving ? You're the one who's just proving that he's a fucking hypocrite that doesnt even have the courage to reply to posts if you disagree with the author's point of view, and then you pretend that others "only read what they want to read". You're a fucking joke, dude.

Get the fuck out from here, you are not here to debate but to do bullshit monologues.

9. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

More than you can obviously imagine. Anyway, so far I have replied to everybody who talked to me. That's not a monologue, look it up. And I'll decide myself if I stay or go, if you don't mind.
    (Shit, I forgot to add at least one 'fuck' to every sentence in this message. Sorry about that.)

10. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Liar. You keep ignoring my arguments, you even admitted it a couple of posts ago.

You're pathetic.

It's so much more easier to ignore me, when you don't have anything to answer and can't counter my arguments.

11. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

Dude, please stop. You're making a fool of yourself and you've already jumped higher than I ever thought you would. It's funny to watch but quite sad at the same time. Let's just leave it at this, okay? I really have nothing else to say to you. I could continue to answer your posts but that would just be baiting to make you rant. Too easy and unfair. Besides, I'm not interested in an endless quest for the last word.

12. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

i guess part of it is "cultural", rien, to me you sound very british, and to leave no room for assumption i say that i like it, but i needed quite some time to get used to this kind of "snobbish" warfare when i was living in GB. you're not fighting?
    you are, the british way, starting with your 2nd post - and after this recent trolls show people who aren't used to this started jumping high.
    so why not come down from the battles' lookout point and start changing points of view instead of covered and naked insults.
    i would like to know some more about the struggling ex-members points of view for example.

13. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

Sorry, you're wrong. I'm not British. Not that it matters much. Also, I don't consider my little pin pricks 'fighting' but that's a matter of opinion, I guess. I'd say I'm just answering without shouting 'fuck' every second sentence.

In any case, my viewpoint on the Crass remaster is pretty straightforward and I think I've explained most of it in my first post. In short: I have no problem with it. Of course people are free to disagree with that, no problem at all. What I don't get is the sheer outrage and name calling it causes. You'd almost think that Crass has some kind of sacred obligation to stay the same forever and ever. That's unrealistic, just like expecting them to stick to a 30 year old pricing policy is unrealistic. It would be nice if they had, but they haven't. What's the big deal? That's something I'd like to find out. Why are people so angry about it?

For a clear background on the problems between the ex-members, read this interview. It sums it up better than I can:
    http://www.viceland.com/int/v17n8/htdocs/anarchy-and-peace-litigated-490.php?page=1

14. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I thought you posted that you would ignore Ungovernable's posts, couldn't do it huh? People are entitled to their outrage and name calling just as you are entitled to be bewildered about it, just don't be so surprised when you aggressively confront someone on here to get the type's of responses you did....cheers Rien :beer:

15. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

16. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    You're the one who makes himself look like an idiot, talking about "not replying only to what he wants to read" but doing exactly the same thing. Hypocrite bastard.

But that would be too hard for your brain to find arguments to counter mine, especially when i have already explained everything about production costs and given evidences with links to shops producing cd's.

You're an hypocrite, you say that you ignore my posts but you keep replying me because you want to have the last word - and you don't even have the courage to answer my real arguments. Pathetic.

What a fucking shitty argument. They're supposed to be anarchist dude, i don't give a fuck if they change and stop being anarchist, but at least they shouldnt touch crass and the time that they were anarchists, they shouldnt change the decision that they have taken : to not make crass a marketting product.

17. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

I'm not one for quotes but in this case I'll throw a Penny Rimbaud at you: "I’m willing to sit and listen if someone is willing to sit and talk, but I’m not willing to be insulted by anyone." And that's the whole point. You may believe they are entitled to it, fine, but it makes me lose all respect and willingness to talk. Not because I'm hurt or upset (I mean, come on) but because it's just too stupid and simple. If you can't get your argument across without insulting people you are on very shaky ground to begin with. In my opinion, anyway. I've even had face-to-face discussions with neo-nazis that managed to clearly discuss their views without resulting to calling the other side a fucking cunt (or whatever), and I certainly expected to find the same level of respect between us (more or less like-minded) anarchos here.

But if people feel the need to insult me, I'll just yank their chain a little for my own amusement. What lil'apple called British warfare. Because hey, if you can't respect me why should I respect you? I never start a fight but I don't turn the other cheek either. (Although I would hardly call that exchange with ungovernable a fight.) Now that's more than enough about me. Let's get back on topic. And cheers to you too.

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I feel the same way but unlike Penny the Hippy I will gladly trade insults and more if that's where someone wants to take it, nobody has to 'earn' my respect, it's automatically given, but once I am disrespected then it's fair game as far as I'm concerned, as in the exchange with the troll Mindriot who began by calling everyone here idiots, and as much as you defend what you wrote... associating someone's written opinions with the Taliban was in poor taste. Just sayin'...

19. Rien

Rien Member Forum Member

Oct 3, 2010

I only said that after being called a fanboy with shitty arguments who falls for a masquerade. So... I think I've been quite mild so far, compared to the insults I've had thrown at me since. And again, 'Taliban-like' referred to the uncompromising attitude towards making a profit. I do not suggest anybody here supports the stoning of women. It's more like "as uncompromising as the Taliban", a figure of speech. But anyway, I believe I already said that earlier.

20. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Wow and then you call me a taliban but you are religiously worshipping crass and you are even quoting their members, what a fanboy.

By the way, my last post full of arguments didn't include insults and you still refused to answer, dumb hypocrite.

But you refuse to get back on topic, you are the one who started this off-topic rant because you wanted to avoid answering my arguments.

k, so being anti-capitalist without contradictions is taliban-like, cool