Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

re-mastered "The feeding of the 5,000" out now

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, Aug 16, 2010.

1. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

you can find subhumans and conflict on itunes. plus subhumans put out a bunch of remastered stuff that costs about $16 and LP here in the USA. so, crass is defo not alone in the great anarcho swindle. but like kaaos has been saying, you gotta look to the future. i love crass, subhumans, conflict, etc. but they are old ass motherfuckers who had their 15 minutes. it seems like crass (penny and steve, to be more specific) are just trying to bring back memories of the glory days, at the cost of those willing to pay. i, for one, am not and that's why i go to this site as well as others. i buy my LP's and CD's used anyway for hella cheap, unless i buy them at shows directly from the bands and it doesn't cost more than like 8 bucks.

2. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

But I don't hate the band, I just don't like Colin Jerwood, I think hes a pretentious twat

3. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

As for bands being on itunes, this is because punk jumped on the digital music band wagon, the people selling said albums are probably the same people who released them to CD (record labels). Regardless, I doubt subhumans would care if you downloaded it legally or not as they probably don't make money off it anyway. Dick Lucas is a good guy, he wouldn't care about that shit, unlike Colin Jerwood.

4. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Also I don't see a problem spending $300 for an original press LP (provided its scarce). I have fuck all to spend my money on anyway other than drugs and booze so why not spend your money on your passion?

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    At least they arent against file sharing, unlike crass.

Talk for crass, but subhumans and conflict are still alive and active, they are doing shows and releasing new albums, unlike crass who sit on their glory from the past and who havent been active since almost 30 years.

What are you saying that when a band have been active for too many years it must disseapear and we must stop caring about them ? We should encourage bands who stay alive and have been active for a long time.

Exactly, Subhumans support file sharing and they support what we are doing here on Anarcho-punk.net, they will be on our compilation (a compilation to support file sharing)

Thats stupid. Anarcho-punk isnt supposed to be a consumation product or some bullshit collector stuff like a figurine.

6. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Your right, but i have fuck all to spend my money on, so why not?

7. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Yeah, I was bummed to find that Primal Screamer is selling for like 150$

Rare sure, but still. :ecouteurs:

8. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Your giving in to people who are trying to get rich off anarcho punk.

Don't feed the bastards.

9. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Oh boy, i love posts like this, i'm more punk then you because... and you call us losers.

10. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Theres a lot of place you can invest your money on, to help the cause or the punk scene, rather then encouraging capitalist business around rare/collector discs resulting in a business on anarcho-punk.

11. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

Investments.... sounds capitalist... hmm
    I "invest" my money into my band, I've put on numerous shows. I'm in the process of bringing bands out to Australia. I collect vinyl because its my passion, id rather spend it on that then cigarettes which do nothing. Your welcome to spend your money on what you want. I don't care what you buy, nor should you care what I spend my money on.
    If the shoe fits

12. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

yeah ungov i got nothing against subhumans and conflict because i know they don't care about the illegal download shit (as well as a myriad of other reasons). i'm just sayin the youth has to speak too, and that's not happening nearly enough today (at least around my area, don't know about yours or other areas)

13. seitan

seitan Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009

so, is it wrong to make a bit of money out of selling your punk record? would it be better for them to sell it cheap and get themselves a job in the local bank, or, supermarket?