Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden ? (by producer of Supersize Me)

Discussion in 'Documentaries & Movies' started by ungovernable, Jan 20, 2011.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    [video]http://www.megavideo.com/?v=OEKVS0IG[/video]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden? is a 2008 documentary film, conceived by Adam Dell and co-written, produced, directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock, an American independent filmmaker.

The title of the film is a play on the title of the television game show and computer game series, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, and other “Where in the World is” themes.[2]
    [edit] Synopsis

After some comical animations involving Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, the film shows Spurlock visiting various countries associated with or affected by Bin Laden. The film contains short interviews with many people about Bin Laden and Islamic fundamentalism, and about the US and its war on terror. Supposedly Spurlock searches for Bin Laden, and he even asks people at random in the street where he is. The film is intercut with images of Spurlock's wife in the late stages of her pregnancy. Much of Spurlock's commentary is based on the concerns of a new father.

Spurlock visits Egypt, Morocco, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

In Afghanistan, guarded by about 21 Afghan soldiers he visits Tora Bora. A local government official is shown who wants to change it into an amusement park. Spurlock is also shown on a US Army patrol as an embedded journalist.

Spurlock is shown hesitating to enter the area of Pakistan near the Afghan border where Bin Laden might be hiding, which is closed to foreigners, and deciding not to go there, arguing that it is not worth the risk. He concludes that the people in the countries he visited are ordinary people just like himself and the audience.

He returns home just in time for the birth of his son.

2. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Bin Laden probably has his own room at the White House.

3. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

*Like*

4. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I've always considered Bin Laden to have been dead for a while. I guess somehow tieing into the whole 9/11 thang, but I've always believed that homeboy has been dead for a while and the US still uses him as a scapegoat. I mean there's videos of him from 2001, and then again in 2007, where he looks like 5x more healthy, and I'm sorry, but I don't think a world wide wanted criminal can so easily cure their kidney failure (which apparently Osama had) in such a small time and look so obviously different. Dieing in 2001, healthy as fuck as 2007, naw. But really, it doesn't matter to me. Alive or not, someone asshole is making profits off American heroin sales, no matter how sexy their beard is or not.

5. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

I never really thought of that. I wouldn't put it past the gov't to keep a dead guy "alive" to keep shit going to their advantage. I just always figured Bin Laden had a bunch of doubles like Sadam Hussein/Winston Churchill/Josef Stalin etc.

That homeless Santa/dirty wizard beard is pretty badass though.

On the subject of this film: I can't tell from the description, but is this supposed to be a movie critical of the war or a political puff piece on how Uncle Sam is going to save the world from musli..er..terrorists?

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    it's a movie critical of the war.

As for osama ben laden, i think his last video is after 2007 but anyway, of course the USA use it as a scapegoat, they had the chance to kill him during the beginning of afghanistan war and they let him go, this documentary is talking about it but i have another documentary where they talk more about what happenned... Bin Laden was surrounded by troops, they asked the USA what to do but the order never came, and bin laden had the time to get out...

7. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Oh silly silly US Gov't. You would think the point of a war on terror, would be to kill what intel tells them is thee leading terrorist. Shoot on sight basically, I would imagine is what the orders should have been, but I guess they had other things in mind...

8. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Anybody ever watch Carmen Sandiego back in the day?

Do it Rock-a-pella!

9. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

Has anybody even watched that film? It is fucking horrifyingly pro-military.

10. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

I've never seen it. Never even heard of it until recently. That's why I asked, the description was a little suspicious. Like, I doubt the army would've assigned him to a patrol if he was openly criticizing them. It just struck me as odd, considering Spurlock's other work was somewhat on the left of the political spectrum..

11. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

no big deal, may i recommend Star Wars instead? watching episode V right now!