Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Upright Citizens - Open Eyes, Open Ears, Brains To Think & A Mouth To Speak LP - 1985 (Germany)

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by Spike one of many, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa

DOWNLOAD LINK

Login or register to view download link (it's free!)
      External download. Please report any broken link by posting a reply to this thread.

Track List:

01. Cyclone
    02. Right Way
    03. Now Or Never
    04. Future Dreams
    05. Government Wins!
    06. Holocaust
    07. Dead Blood
    08. Stand Up
    09. Swastika Ratss
    10. Bomb Of Peace
    11. The Dark Side Of My Mind
    12. Hated
    13. No Tears For Yesterday
    14. Yellow Press
    15. What Are We Gonna Do?

"The definite collection from the best German punk band of all time. This is the BYO pressing which has been long out of print and as I have said on a few other posts that this is insane and some of these classics need to be made available again. A record this solid will always stand the tests of time, after all it's a classic piece of German Punk history." - madblastsofchaos.blogspot.com

Attached Files:

Upright Citizens Biography

Upright Citizens was a German hardcore punk band from Bottrop, from 1981-1991. Their songs mainly had English lyrics. They released several LPs and 7"s in just their 10-year lifespan. The "Bombs of Peace" EP and the "Make the Future Mine and Yours" LP are widely considered the band's best works and landmark records of German punk in general. They released albums on the BYO label in the US and were included on the important 1984 P.E.A.C.E./War compilation. Upright Citizens' musical style might be comparable to the Buttocks or Vorkriegsjugend.
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.
  2. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Invalid file...why?

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Obviously either the band themselves (which I find very hard to believe) or someone who acquired the rights has aggressively pursued copyright infringement...this album was uploaded to both 4shared and mediafire and it took less than a month for the file to be deleted....this is why we need our new server to become available to forum members....sooner rather than later...

4. Kobac

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    I also think that UC are not that kind of band... :/ thanks Punkmar for help anyway

5. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    It's an awesome album, I'll upload it for you early in the coming week^^

PS: I also don't think they're "that" kind of band!

6. Kobac

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Thanks a thousand Spike

7. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Well there are a lot of bands doing it that we would have never...ever ever ever have considered one of "those type of bands" and it usually boils down to someone else being put in charge or buying the rights, Anti-Cimex comes to mind right off the top of my head not to mention the obvious CRA$$... Upright Citizens played with Diatribe at CBGB's in 1985 so I can tell you from a first hand account (like I mentioned above) that they are definitely not that type of band, but obviously things change over time and people get tired of maintaining legacies and as we have witnessed over and over these past 2 years they hand it over to the wrong type of people....here's hoping I'm wrong.

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Thank you Spike, awesome job, I added your new link at the top.....

9. Nadine_Molotov

Nadine_Molotov New Member New Member

Dec 7, 2014

Thanks heaps for this, mega appreciative! \m/ :D the track 'holocaust' still sounds great all these years later!