Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

UK kid itimidatied by the "Anti-terrorist" police for organizing protest

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by Kruxs, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Kruxs

Kruxs Member New Member

Dec 13, 2010

A kid from Oxfordshire named, Notorious Nicky, drew the ire of the UK's "Anti-terrorist" squad for organizing a protest rally over the closing of a youth centre. Full story here.

Dangerous world we live in...

Reporting by Jason Ditz, Anti-war.com's news editor-in-chief.

2. sludgefuck

sludgefuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2010

I think we need to make a "big brother/police" thread because there are too many stories like this that happen all the fucking time and it never EVER stops being shocking and infuriating. It's like there's no limit. As low of an opinion as you can possibly have of police, you would like to think they as human beings must have SOME shred of dignity but it never ends, there's always a story of police doing something even more vile.

3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

This is absolute bullshit. This really just infuriated me right now.

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    in canada we have the CSIS it is an anti-terrorist government organization that investigate on ALL activists... before the g8 they started knocking at doors to gather informations on activists and threathen them.... starting to get scary...
    just type CSIS on google you will find a lot of infos

5. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

What do you expect - it's their job... And I wonder how nervous those stupid fucks are after the students keep on moving and every protest has a high chance to get in the public via the media.
    Too bad for the lad, 12 years is fucking young for this kind of attention, I hope his parents don't let him down but back him up instead, maybe produce further bad publicity for the cops - it's a perfect story for this...

6. sludgefuck

sludgefuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2010

I know exactly what you mean but it isn't. The more people accept it as normal behavior the more they get away with. I would rather everyone freak the fuck out and riot instead of thinking "cops are gonna be cops, what are ya gonna do about it" because there ARE things we can do about it but no one has the nerve to do it because this kind of behavior is so commonplace it's discouraging. These "police going too far" stories are making us feel helpless and we're NOT helpless we need to say "being scum is NOT part of being a cop". It is more productive to be outraged and making a big deal out of it. If only there was a way we could protest something like that without us getting massacred......

7. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Thats exactly what I meant - the important part of it is not going to be discouraged/intimidated by their doings and fucking do something about/against it - the bad part on it: The price an individual has to pay to be that "productive". But the more people are getting over the line and keep the cops busy (up to the heart attack), the less time for a massacre they'll have.
    In the meantime I do my little riots, at least pretending not to fear the fucking clones anymore, but actually I pay dearly for it, nearly a fifth of my income is wasted on fines I have to pay to avoid beeing locked up - but giving in? Defenitely no, they need to be teached some manners!