Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The N Word, Gay, Sexism and perhaps a lack of moderation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ASA, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    you are right, and i thank you for your input.

oh and the avatar was already named as it was, thanks to the good corporate folk at topps chewing gum :)

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

meh i'm over it, this isn't about anxiety or me, funny that

3. GFSM

GFSM Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 25, 2009

it would appear to be about a picture and a lack of moderation then? you do realize you can report a post so we CAN moderate it if need be.

4. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    gfsm, he is referring to millwall's avatar image.

5. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

yep i know GFSM, tried before, got told it didn't matter and NOW u know what i'm talking about anxious?, funny

what i've ben told:
    'the word gay is bad'
    'the word nigger is worse'
    'sexism doesn't matter'
    'you would be banned if it was I'

6. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

you forget that the term "politically correct" is just way for someone to attempt to gracefully cop-out of an arguement, by using the term in a defensive posture and attempting to moralize something by explaining that being politically correct if you disagree with that person's position on something serious, typically something involving racial, ethnic, or sexual themes, is common, but what i find atrocious is how people use terms like "politically correct" to defend political beliefs that consist of... "America = good, terrorists = bad". they use it in the way that the person who posted "fuck off, is that politically correct enough for you?" did. they obviously don't think many people believe that it is "politically correct" to torture people in prisons in iraq, so they will explain that no, it wasn't a big deal that those military personnel tortured those prisoners since it is "politically incorrect". however they fail to realize that it's not a matter of being politically correct or not, to begin with. they will overlook the simple fact that it actually affected people and is more than merely a matter of just offending someone, because all they know it to be in the first place is simply personal offense considering their stupid close minded and brainwashed fucking mindset wrapped up the flag.

using some sort of knee-jerk verbal defense like saying something is not important because it's politically correct or incorrect, is extremely fucking stupid and talking about political correctness is both a waste of time and breath in a format like this. it is not a small matter however if you are speaking directly to someone, and you are unaware or not if they take offense to something you or someone else said, in which case this creates divisions between people and thus racism evolves and tensions flare.
    that said, i would rather just say someone has no class or taste, if i find something distasteful.
    saying politically correct this, politically incorrect that to somehow use reverse thinking on someone in order to try and make yourself look better is just a cop out
    it's also just a cop out to something if you just sit back and say "assholes are like opinions, everyone has one". that means you have nothing else to say because you were confronted by an insecure "i told you so" moment which you will probably forget about a few minutes later after reviewing how large you fucking e-penis is and how many rep points you have on your favorite dating website or something.

7. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    aww is drunksquid having a bad day?

8. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

well i explained all of that quite clearly
    and no i'm having a good day i guess, what about you man
    hey sorry i edited my post because it looked not friendl