Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Civil Dissident - First Blood ep (1985)

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by Spike one of many, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    [​IMG]

01 - Never Together.mp3
    02 - The Legal Dose.mp3
    03 - First Blood.mp3

DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM

Online This file is hosted on our own dedicated server. Fast download, no ads, no bullshit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

aint ashamed and Starfighter like this.

RECORD INFORMATION

First Blood.
    Release Date : 1985

Recorded on March 3rd, 1985 during the "Venus Bay Thunder Box Session". A total of 10 tracks were recorded and planned to be released as a 12" EP but due to financial difficulties, only this 3 track 7" EP was released. Poster sleeve with artwork, lyrics and liner notes printed inside. Two free stickers were included with initial copies. 475 copies pressed.
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Civil Dissident Biography

Hardcore punk band from Melbourne, Australia.
    Active from 1982 to 1985.
    ---

In the early 80's, Civil Dissident started in Melbourne, on the East Coast of Australia. Civil Dissident and their friends Mad Flowers and Society's Victim started jamming around 1982, and after line-up changes between the three bands (Tracey and Dave leaving Mad Flowers for Civil Dissident and Grant and Andrew leaving Civil Dissident for Mad Flowers), the Civil Dissident line-up was finalised with: Tracey on bass, Wayne on guitar, Dave on drums and Mat on vocals. This line-up would last until the end of Civil Dissident at their last show on the 20th of April, 1985.

Their influences, from Discharge to Terveet Kädet, from Depression to Raw Power, from Minor Threat to The Stalin and so forth, came through on all their releases. While the above bands were an influence, Civil Dissident still retained a destinct Australian flavour, from their first demo in 1984, up to their tracks on Pusmort's Cleanse the Bacteria compilation and beyond. After a self-financed record and two tapes (Stone the Flamin' Crows was put out by the drummer), plus a string of cuts on international compilations, Civil Dissident called it a day. Every song was to the point, energetic, hardcore punk rock with a straightforward personal/political approach. Civil Dissident were a prime example of how Australian bands could very much hold their own in the world of Hardcore.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - No Masters Voice

Melbourne label, active in the 80s and early 90s, run by Paul Conroy (2).
  2. Starfighter

Starfighter d(^_^)b Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male , 38 years old
    Malmö, Sweden  Sweden
    Thank you so much for this Australia upload bonanza! :D Some really interesting stuff here, and I think these are my favorites in this batch!

3. aint ashamed

aint ashamed Experienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
     United States
    Indeed! Thank You For This Aussie Bonanza!
    aint ashamed

Spike one of many likes this.
  4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    My pleasure. Yeah, it's probably my favourite in this batch too. There is however one song I particularly like by Vicious Circle, it's called "The Price of Progress" off the album with the same title, unfortunately I don't have it in mp3 format.
    Anyway.....I'm not quite done with Australia just yet. There's still one more that has to go up!

12 members have read this thread this month

1. Spike one of many
  2. Starfighter
  3. aint ashamed
  4. Elpinikk
  5. 1111
  6. C@S
  7. porkbeef
  8. Swampy
  9. alex flores
  10. purplelion12
  11. ogooru