Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Shit, I need to quit smoking.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JesusCrust, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

So basically my lungs are fucked, and I want to stop giving my money and contributing to the capitalist death machine tobacco companies.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks that don't include nicotine supplements? Shits expensive.

I already got the sunflower seeds, toothpicks, and gum tricks.

Anyone know of anything else? Any sort of specific meditation or anything, or even any other physical things like the sunflower seed deal?

Help is greatly appreciated.

2. deadsmart

deadsmart Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 19, 2009

I just recently quit smoking(in february).

I found one thing that helped me was learning the difference between a "physical" craving (being the body's addiction to nicotine) and a "mental" craving (thinking you need a smoke).

I found once I was able to differentiate the two feelings it helped me break free of that shit! The nicotine craving is like a sharp hunger feeling, like a kick of anxiety. Just fight through those times and it's easier to control when you smoke your cigarettes. The other cravings are just mental and you just have to tell your brain to fuck off (like haveing a smoke after a meal or a poop or whenever).

It takes a lot of mental motivation and you have to actually WANT to quit but you can do it. I quit after close to 10 years of smoking (and after many years of thinking I could never quit haha).

There's a topic in "music and countercultures" that i started when I first came to this site called "Need No Smoking Songs" that's got some suggestions from people and some good tunes to help you break them nicotine chains.

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.