Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Portland, Or

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bunny, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

So, I'm thinking of moving to portland this summer for various reason. I've heard its an artsy place and fairly eco-friendly for a city. If anyone lives and or visited there, could let me know a little about it? Any local bands worth seeing, venues, good vegan restaurants, stuff like that. Also any practical stuff like good areas to live in, etc. I know a fair amount of stuff is easy to look up, but i want to get some opinions from people who have been/live there.
    Thanks

2. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I haven't been to portland, but have been to eugene, loved it, and hope to move there someday. if you don't like LOTS of rain, i don't suggest moving there. it rains a lot. however if you like rain or don't mind it, then there is lots to like, lots of nature nearby, no sales tax, much nicer people (at least from where i live) etc. Like anywhere anyone would tell me they were thinking of moving to, i would suggest visiting first to get a taste for it before deciding.

3. Mutiny

Mutiny Member Forum Member

Jan 28, 2010

Portland is chill. Lots of good music. Some local bands I would recommend are Criminal Damage, Nux Vomica, Vivid Sekt, Arctic Flowers, War Cry.
    I've lived in NE and SE which is where most interesting stuff takes place. Lots of veggie and vegan places, lots of community activity. Lots of house shows, and a few good bars that regularly have punk shows.
    So yeah, not a bad place to move to...

4. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

Thanks. I'm going to for a visit in a few weeks