Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Johnny Rotten is now making publicity for the capitalist industry !!

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, May 13, 2010.

1. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Doesn't surprise me at all

2. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Not one but two whole threads just to wind me up. Wasted energy. Better luck next time.

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    No, because 20 years ago i was a kid and i wasn't at the age of being able to have my own political philosophy.

But no, i never changed, since i discovered politics i was always anti-capitalist, and i will always be.

I understand that some details might change, but you can't explain a radical change like someone who pass from anti-capitalism to capitalism. That's like an anti-nazi who becomes a nazi.

So we should respect Bill Gates attitude of "This how I want to do it, and if you don't like it, tough shit." ???

lol wow you don't know what to answer it's obvious....

He's a capitalist, end of the story. He betrayed his ideas, end of the story. He bacame what he hated, end of the story.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

dude he is the richest person on earth, he could get rid of povrety alone so don't tell me he's a cool guy who want to share.

Bill gates is a businessman, he does charity just to promote his image. He was highly critized because he try to have a good image by donating computers, but then he force them to use windows so thats just a way to promote his products

You are paranoid, this thread has nothing to do with you. Go take your medecines and see your psychriat.

...but if you feel targeted, that's probably because you have something to reproach you ;)

4. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Nah I didn't mean he was 'a cool guy', but at least he gives millions to charity. In fact, in his will he is leaving everything to charity which is 58 billion USD to charity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ldren.html

It is sad that he isn't giving away most of the money now but at least he is giving it all when he dies. Believe it or not, even all his money put together wouldn't rid poverty.

5. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

HM...now all we have to do is to get him to die...

6. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Some statistics.... (translated from french)

- The 200 richest billionaires in the world have, by themselves, the equivalent of what have 41% of the world population (2.46 billion people).
    - The wealth of 10 richest people in the world is equal to one and half times the income of all underdeveloped countries together.
    - The fortune of the three richest people in the world exceeds the GDP of the 48 poorest countries representing 600 million people.
    - six billion dollars each year would be sufficient to provide basic education to the entire world population, while it is spent annually in the United States eight billion dollars on cosmetics
    - We can not find $ 13 billion that would provide food and care to the world's population, but Europe and the U.S. spend 17 billion annually to their animals
    - 80 billion dollars annually would organize the basic public services worldwide, while the price is lower than the combined wealth of the seven richest people in the world

Those statistics are from official sources, and the numbers have increased since this text was released.

So it is a fact that the richest person on earth can change something

I think bill gates want to league his heritage to charity only to have a good image (and it worked, after announcing that he was nominated man of the year). He have his own charity organisation, why not use this money RIGHT NOW ??? Who says in a couple of years he isnt going to change minds and give his heritage to his children ??

Bill gates also announcer less than 2 months ago that he will invest a lot of his money in nuclear technology, so i don't think he is sharing the same definition as us about charity.

7. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Ouch missed a lot of that stuff. Nuclear technology..

I certainly hope he doesn't change his mind, but look who I am hoping for. I think we need off him before he changes his mind >.>

Thanks for the statistics, any chance of a link to those sources?

Edit: I found this,
    http://successconnections.blogspot.com/ ... es-in.html

That is insane.... Weird how Australia has a shit load of millionaires but have only 11 billionaires where as it is the complete opposite in American.

8. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    hmmmm someone has an ego and thinks highly of themselves...

9. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

I find it interesting how a discussion about a butter commercial turned out to be a conversation about wealth statistics.

10. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    This is an article from the anarchist website http://www.subsociety.org

the sources are:

It is over 10 years old, so the numbers of the wealth of the rich peoples probably doubled, while povrety stays the same.

11. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yeah, the debates always go off-topic here :p

12. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

If you look at it like, a discussion on a famous 'punk' (not saying he is) who was in a band who threw around the idea of anarchy in some of their songs doing a commercial for a capitalist company. If seems fairly reasonable.

Actually.. maybe not.

Holy crap look at your window probe! There is something out there! *runs away when he looks* *then realises he is on a forum and that this doesn't make sense, begins crying*

Edit: Thanks for the link, will begin readinggg

Also, how boring would this place be if nothing went off-topic, this way it keeps us all on our toes. Don't know what is gonna happen.
    There could be a topic on horses then by the end, we are talking about how to make things explode by only using your mind.

13. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yeah sure, nothing wrong with threads going off topic, but we should also learn to make new threads when the debates goes off topic (me included)

The debates would be more lisible, and this would be easier to find topics that have already been discusses. For example, if i want to find back this debate about Bill Gates in 2 months it will be very hard because the topic is named "Johnny rotten is now making publicity"

14. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Aye, good point. Don't know if I should bother making a thread about Bill Gates and wealth statistics now though, think it has run its coarse =P but if I have anymore ideas on it, I will post it in a new thread.

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    It was just an example

i was more thinking about threads like the "new mods" thread that turned into a debate about green day and the offspring and threads like "the anarchist philosphers" that turned into a debate about freedom of speech for nazis :p

16. Protspecd

Mar 3, 2010

Lmao, when you sum it up like that it seems so damn ridiculous. You wonder, how the fuck did we end up there? Then you look back and go, oh makes sense I guess...

17. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Yet you use what most of these rich people created for you...because lets face it, if it werent for bill gates, we wouldnt be here, unless your a MAC user! :)

18. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

wELL I wanted to delete my above post but i couldnt FUCKING DELETE IT BECAUSE I CAN NEVER FUCKING DELETE THEM FUASDJ ASDF;LKAJF;LASLJFLFSDLad SHITFUCK

19. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

He was all about shock he used to wear swastikas along with the Sex Pistols for shock, not for being Nazis. In Anarchy In The UK, he never sings about Anarchy as it is, but as "destroy" and all that bollocks what he meant by Anarchy was disorder, chaos, and destruction. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Sex Pistols were just for shocking the masses.

20. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Pfft... Bill Gates, Johnny Rotten, I don't care. Sod both of 'em *shrugs*
    I don't KNOW them, I don't TALK to them, I don't WORSHIP them in any way shape or form, however they get the common courtesy of respect from me. They're doing what they want to do and that deserves respect, whether that's making giant heaps of dough (yes crappy pun, I know :p) or fighting the current state of affairs. Fuck man... seriously, I don't see the trouble here as long as they don't bother anyone else with it.