Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Is anyone opposed to guns? - Sti

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Sti, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Sti

Sti Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 26, 2011

Can everyone please put down their guns?

2. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

I'm a girl, Sti is the ending term in honesty

3. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

All I'm saying is being honest about the fact I don't like guns

4. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    In the end it's still the people who do the killing and those who profit from it. I'm opposed to people having power over others, be it in the form of political, economic, or military power. I'm a peaceful person but I'm not a pacifist, if someone attacks my home I will defend myself and those I love by any means necessary.

5. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    I think if people won't have guns, they will kill each other with a brick. Or pointed sticks (bananas?)
    I don't own a gun, but I don't see a problem with it. I was actually thinking about making this "shooting licence" (is it the right word?), but I guess I wouldn't be able to do some psychological tests, and I think they do some of them here.

6. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Yeah, bananas or frozen fish^^. Firearms license or a carry permit is the word.
    Apparently the psychological test is designed like an IQ test so as long as you're not a complete lunatic or suffer from brain damage or dementia you should have no problems passing that test. Even a psychopath would be able to pass it. Even if you have a criminal record, unless it's a fellony, you should still be able to get a license.

7. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Really? Awesome! :D I guess I'm not a lunatic :D I just adore the woman in my avatar, she killed 8 random people because she hated people, and wanted to kill as many of them possible as some sort of punishment to society for her fucked up life.

Isn't that being a lunatic?... :D

8. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

I was there for the red brick killings, so to speak a wall was made.

9. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    ^ I agree with Spike's sentiment on the issue.

10. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Just like that guy said: ˝Guns do not kill people, i kill people...with guns.˝ And in some western movie there was a quote where she said: ˝I´m not afraid of guns, I´m affraid of what is on the other side of a barrel.˝
    Guns are small problem compared to those who build, sell, wear and use those guns. If it is up to me, guns wouldn t exist at all. I do not fell comfortable around them, do not see a point of using it on another living being. Shit if you wanna fight, use your bare fucking hands, give and take some punches, few bruises, then you sleep it over and in the morning you realize that you get to live another day.
    When people change for better, guns will be something that is outdated.

11. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

Guns can be used for applications other than killing. How else will we start footraces? A crossbow? Try anything once, I guess. And if it doesn't work out, post the results on youtube. All these ISIL beheading videos are just really bad attempts at erotic asphyxiation, you know.

12. Paczilla

Paczilla Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 28, 2012
     United States
    A gun is a tool. Thats about it. Personally, i like guns but i like them because of the history and the work behind them. I can see why people don't like guns, but i also think the arguments against them are pretty nonsensical. :ecouteurs:

13. Crimecore

Crimecore Active Member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2011

I imagine we wouldn't benefit much if the authorities were the only one's with fire arms. That being said, I also have difficulty seeing any productive use of a gun...they certainly don't create anything...a lot better at destroying. I don't own any, and when my father passes I don't intend on keeping his. I remember I shot a bird with a bb gun as a child...I was pretty ruined. Cried all day and replayed the image of a dying bird in my mind forever it seemed. Mostly I'm opposed to them, but I don't believe I reserve the right to discern who can and cannot own one.

14. pUnK@55

pUnK@55 Active Member Forum Member

Nov 26, 2011

An STI is also something you get from bareback sex.

15. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

I find the gun debate really weird, only because here in Australia, most people do not own or haven't even fired a gun (farmers/some hunters still own them). Pretty much due to the gun restrictions placed after the Port Arthur massacre. I find it interesting to see the way Americans and Australians look at them, just generally different...

16. blackeyed

blackeyed New Member New Member

Feb 12, 2014

I aggree that this is a really weird discussion! This saying, "guns do not kill people, people kill people" is not even half the truth. You just need to take a look at murder statistics of countrys that have strict gun regulations and countrys that don´t. It makes such a huge difference! People get angry, they snap, and if they have a gun, they shoot. If they don´t, they might punch the other person and calm down later. Of course people have killed before, in tmes when they didn´t have guns. But it´s harder, you have to get really close to the other person to kill them with a knife or a baseball bat or a coconut or whatever. Guns open up a new and much easier way of killing.
    and if you want to bring psychology into the discussion (good for me since i happen to be a psychologist;) there a studies that show that the presence of arms in a situation (even if it´s just a gun in a shelf in the room) triggers more aggressive interpretation of the situation and increases the probability of violent behaviour.
    "Guns do not kill people, people kill people" is the Amercian Rifle Association and other lobbyists speaking, and I know that Americans often consider it a freedom right to carry a gun (out of artificially produced fear, if you ask me) but please, take a moment to think before you replicate dull phrases like that!

17. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

this name was before the change from std to sti imagine me sitting there and getting handed a pamphlet in school with my name on it.. that happened. it was STRANGE

18. Sti

Dec 26, 2011

I never fired a gun till I was 16 in honesti. I am opposed to guns.

19. blackchat

blackchat Member Forum Member

Jan 24, 2014

What? No. In the US, guns are the third biggest cause of death overall, and CARS are the first one. The last two years it was on a ratio of 300+ (guns) to 30 000+ (motor vehicles), though the motor vehicles deaths have reduced a lot, it's still like roughly 100 times higher than guns, in a country that's not heavy on gun control.

And as a matter of fact, cars are much easier ways to kill than guns. For the countless animals who get crushed by car-drivers, and some other horror stories I've read involving runaway killer-drivers getting away with hitting cyclists...

Shoot someone with a gun in the streets, you're likely to attract a LOT of attention and be chased by cops from all over the place. Crush a feral animal, nobody's going to care. I don't wanna give ideas to potential sociopaths here, though...

And to answer the thread's question, yep, I'm totally okay with guns, and with as many people as possible having guns, as long as they are taught how to use them properly and the crazies/demented/retards are kept away from it.

It can be damn good deterrent against rapists, mass-murderers, bullies, violent pigs, jihadists, and etc. Just think of how that Pantera show would have turned if at least a portion of the audience would have been armed. Perhaps Dimebag would still be alive...

Not that I liked the guy tho! :D

20. CroydonTouristOffice

CroydonTouristOffice Member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2016
     United Kingdom
    I doubt that a bunch of people firing guns in a dark room would've helped matters.

Guns don't work as defence against guns 9 times out of 10, because you can't draw your firearm and pull the trigger in the time it takes someone to just pull a trigger. Guns just make you a target.

Obviously, in the case of a crazy person just looking to kill- you might already be a target. But generally, if a stranger pulls a gun on you, it's to rob you. Personally, I'm not that attached to anything I own. They can have it. Everything important on my laptop is backed up on the cloud - the rest, I couldn't give a shit about.