Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Introduction and Request

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by RYB, Mar 14, 2010.

1. RYB

RYB New Member New Member

Mar 14, 2010

Hello all.

I will qualify myself by saying that I am not an anarchist -- however, at this point, I have no set ideology about a proper system of government and human relations or lack thereof. So I suppose my ideals are in superposition at this point in my life. (I almost hope they stay that way, so I can continue to develop a constant heuristic of mild skepticism yet acceptance.) In short, I'm not anything yet.

I am not here to debate questions of fiscal/social significance from the viewpoint of a governmental "outsider" of any sort, and I hope that, being a sort of anarchism virgin as it were, you will acknowledge any differences in my philosophy that I may harbor, unwittingly or not, as foibles of a person not yet steeped in much non-mainstream culture. I have never used illegal drugs or imbibed anything more than a drink's worth of alcohol. (I am 18.) I have had sexual intercourse once, and only two of my closest friends are aware. I am, indeed, a subscriber to consumer culture, as I know not yet of an escape, or even whether, were I aware of one, I would have the will to take advantage of it.

What exposed me to the concept of anarcho-punk is -- sorry -- the band Against Me!'s song "Those Anarcho Punks Are Mysterious." I am aware that they "sold out" and are not anarcho-punk, if they ever were (I don't know the band's history). I was unaware such a coherent social movement even existed and I was fascinated by the concept. This culminated in a dream in which I was among a group of anarcho-punks, and though we did not together do any protest or any such thing to promote our social concept, I felt a strong bond of common ideology and goals for concrete change that struck me.

Hence, I turn to you. I am in the process of writing a novella involving a plot line about anarcho-punk. I want to better understand the movement and its people -- its zeitgeist, its soul. I wouldn't mind chatting with some of you over instant messenger or some such thing.

Thanks.

2. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

3. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

rurouniryu@hotmail.com
    I'm do not define myself as anarchist, but seem to have strong anarchist leanings.
    Anyway welcome aboard and remember a closed mind is like a closed fist, it can accept nothing, discard nothing and hold on to nothing :)

4. Milan

Milan Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 13, 2010

Welcome! :)

Very well said!
    You don't have to fit in a particular category,
    I'm an idealist with anarchist leanings, but I won't call myself fully anarchist either ;)
    Everyone has his/her own ideals, that doesn't mean it should consist of only one ideal such as anarchism