Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

If the ADF charges soldiers for throwing grenades at babies in Afghanistan, the terrorists have won.

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by butcher, Aug 26, 2010.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  2. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

That's the biggest problem with war these days, often the soldier is detached from the situation. Much of the fighting is not hand to hand like it was previously. I can press a button and fire a missile and kill a hundred or thousand people compared with having to run someone through with a bayonet or shoot at close range. I can fire a missle from a jet aircraft from fifty miles away and not really have to deal with the consequences of my actions. Perhaps if a soldier had to look a person in the eye before killing them the situation might be different.

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Their are two stripe Airmen, making life and death decisions in Iraq and Afghanistan, operating drone killers by remote control from a bunker in the Nevada desert. It is no coincidence their have been so many mistakes made and innocent civilians murdered over and over.

4. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

Of course, its so easy to kill when you don't have to look at another human. They have not only been made desensitized to taking a life but know they see it as a videogame, just point and shoot.