Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

help with growing tobacco?...anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by divotfreely, Nov 19, 2009.

1. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    recently the state i live in raised the tobacco tax again-this time 100% above the already outrageous amounts. so i found a few places online that sell seeds and i am wondering how difficult or simple growing this plant may be. ideally i want to use the roof of my flat roof garage,though winters will prob cause problems. so if i must i have a decent size attic i was thinking of using.

anyone have any experience with growing their own tobacco?

2. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

Very, Very difficult to grow in the quantity you would need, and if you got caught youd be fucked.
    Best bet is to start buying the roll your own pouches and do that, less tax on em.

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    buy them from indians it's like 1/10th of the price hehe

tobacco is fucking hard to grow, the problem is to get all the additional products you will need (they add a shitload of products in tobacco, read the ingredients on the back of a cigarettes pack).

And in my opinion this is exactly why tobacco is legal and marijuana is not.

Marijuana is way too hard to control, even my grandma can grow me a couple dozens of ounces in only a few months.... You don't need to add any shit, it's easy, fast, grow anywhere, and very hard to control for the government.......... Unlike tobacco.

If it was as hard to produce as tobacco (needing big shops and capitalist companies to fund them) then they would already control it and make a shitload of money

ok well i'm going off topic now...

4. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Just grow mary jane... it's better for you anyways :)

5. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    a company that sells nothing but tobacco seeds says the opposite( and i do not believe they are lying for profit/ a minimal order of seeds is under $5 and a large order is barely over ten).

already roll my own. have been buying pound bags at $18 for years-though a couple months ago they went to $50 and now the state plans raising it again.

yeah-cancer is unhealthy but i dont eat other living things so i believe i am only hurting myself through these actions and do not believe i am poisoning anyone second hand.

dont like weed cuz it is too low but i like heroin which is also low?? know it doesnt make since but go figure and either way i dont use either because i understand heroin WILL destroy your life no matter how hard you fight to stay in control.

still- i will be surprised if i am the first in our community to attempt growing this plant....anyone?

thanks,-divot-

6. Thomas Stench

Thomas Stench Member New Member

Nov 1, 2009

haven't tried myself, but as far as i understand, from people that have, the difficult part has nothing to do with growing really it's the curing process

what state are you in by the way? i'm in new york state, and prices went up ridiculously not too long ago (again), and the most recent tax hike seemed to effect pouches of rolling tobacco especially

good luck with it

7. Khr'ell

Khr'ell Member New Member

Sep 15, 2009