Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Greetings from Ireland!

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by AnarchoFem, Apr 15, 2010.

1. AnarchoFem

AnarchoFem Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 15, 2010

Heyho!
    My name's Marie, I'm a punk from Ireland (specifically Galway). I'm 18, Science student in Uni atm, studying Zoology, Microbiology and Biochemistry. I absolutely LOVE animals, unfortunately I'm allergic to fur though so I don't have any. I'm a vegetarian, well a "freegetarian" if such thing exists. I'd rather eat meat (if i acquired it for free) than have it go to waste.

I also really love learning languages. I can speak Irish reasonably well (but I don't :-( ), German (quite well) and I'm currently learning Japanese and Esperanto. I'm into a lot of random/slightly odd things. I love psychology and especially the psychology of serial killers, psychopaths etc. very interesting.
    Reading is great, though I have to admit I've been kinda lazy in that regard recently...love books about Science, Anarchism,...and Vampires! (But not Twilight, that book sucks). Would love people to recommend some good books to me..

Erm...now music! Hmm I like a lot of subgenres of punk, not only anarcho. The bands I been listen to the most would be (in alphabetical order of course...): Aus-Rotten, Adelitas, Aus-Rotten, Against All Authority, Anima Mundi, Bad Co. Project, The Briggs, Capdown, Cheap Sex, Choking Victim, Citizen Fish, Clit 45, Cop On Fire, Dancehall Satan, David Rovics, Dead Kennedys, Dead Pets, Discipline, Fall of Efrafa, The Filaments, Flogging Molly, From Ashes Rise, The Ghouls, Inner Terrestrials, Kilnaboy, Leftover Crack, Monster Squad, Nekromantix, Oi Polloi (LOVE this band), Oxymoron, The Restarts.....and I'm getting sick of frickin typin these! But yeah as you can see I listen to a lot of different styles. Infact, I absolutely love a lot of classical music too!

Ok asides from everything I said above, I try to be as active as I can politically here in Ireland. I think punk should be more about doing stuff to make the world a better place and less about clothing and hair (though that's cool too!)

I know I could write more, but that's loads for now..so...Sayonara! ;)

2. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

welcome :ecouteurs: :beers:

3. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

Welcome im half Irish
    lots of good band you listed

4. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

welcome , enjoi

5. JimMD

JimMD Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 14, 2009
     United Kingdom
    Don't forget Cut The Reins las ever gig in Galway on Sunday 2nd May at Aras Na Gael, with the Lobotomies, Beanz on Toast and Only Fumes and Corpses! Not to be missed my friend.

Jim

6. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Hi, it's always great to see that there are other biologists that are into punk...

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    anarcho-punk biologists give certain capitalists horrible nightmares, welcome Marie! Love Adelitas by the way....cheers :beer:

8. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

haha nice picture you piked :D
    welcome to the site :D

9. daniel corpses

daniel corpses Member Forum Member

Jun 5, 2010

Hi Marie, I'm new here too. Not sure if we know each other but I'm from Galway too. Keep an eye on www.myspace.com/usvsthemgalway for some shows that we organise in case you didn't know about us. Spread the word as there seems to be a severe lack of new people coming to the shows recently. There are a couple of all dayers/mini fests happening around the west over the summer too so maybe see ya at one of them.

10. kuŝijano

kuŝijano Member New Member

Jan 8, 2011

Cead mille failthe! I would like to speak in Esperanto with you and maybe some day you'll agree to teach me a bit of Irish))