Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fuck the flu

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JackNegativity, Jan 1, 2011.

1. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Anybody else hung up at home with this flu or whatever the hell it is that's going around? I've had this shit for almost 2 weeks and I can't shake it. My GF and son have it too. They have insurance I don't. I just keep dosing myself with advil/tylenol/dayquil/benadryl...anything I get my hands on and stripping down when my fever goes up. I'm seriously over this shit. :ecouteurs:

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

:o oh noes, I can't catch it via the internets, can i?

seriously, shit sucks. Get well soon! :ecouteurs:

3. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

At least now I have some Orchid in my mp3 player to drown out the sound of my GF whining. I'm in deep shit if she reads this.

4. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

5. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I'm flu-free, a lot of people I know are being tormented by it though. I have a theory that promotes the idea that drinking keeps you from getting sick. Alcohol in the lungs kills airborn germs that you breathe in an typically would make you sick. Drink some throat coat tea with brandy, you'll be better in 24 hours. I (almost) swear by it.

6. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

She's actually a member. She doesn't really post, she's a lurker. Probably just making sure I'm not cyber-sexxing elderly men or something.

Haha damn dude. I had a feeling from the link I needed to send the kid I take care of out of the room.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that young men who masturbate alot were less likely to get testicular cancer.

When my son got circumsized, we didn't really know why it was done. Just figured it needed to be done for some reason. Found out later it was mostly cosmetic. At the time, I felt like I was betraying him...I couldn't even go in the room where it was done. My GF came out in tears, it was terrible. It's like "Hello. Welcome to the cold bright world you didn't ask to come to. Now we're going to hold you down on a hard plastic baby-crucifix and cut off the tip of your dick". Poor kid.

Maybe a dumb question, but what is throat coat tea? Never heard of it.

7. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

It's an herbal tea available from different tea companies at many health food, and normal grocery stores. It's basically a mix of lemongrass, licorice root, echinacea and other immune system boosters and things good for colds and sore throats.

8. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

poor kid, never got the snip meself, it goes in and out of fashion it seems (my dad was), Gen Y FTW!

Inre tea and liquor: I too am unsure what throat coat tea is, but the advice on Brandy is a good one, it actually works (an old wives tale that holds up to my experience). Brandy with honey, lemon juice and some hot water will sort you right out.

9. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Shit, it's worth a shot. Thanks.

10. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

less intoxicating: keep your feet warm, drink hot teas to keep your body temperature up, it helps killing the nasty stuff which already made it into the bloodstream, sauna visits are recommended, the same effect at home have long hot baths or inhaling water vapour by bending over a hot water filled bowl and - to keep it effective - draw a large bath towel over your head and the bowl. some recommend the addition of herbal stuff into the hot water, but opinions range from this to that, camomille and sage are generally good against infections. staying in bed is the comfortable way to recover, too bad if you have to read endlessly to your young co-patients... during this favorite therapy.
    long walks on fresh and cold air are said to kill many germs nestling on the mucous membranes of the respiratory organs - it's proved by the fact, that eskimos and other people living in ice and snow don't get the flu, the nasty stuff loves it warm and wet - too bad that we love it that way too.

living in close contact with young children is risky, they catch everything around, breed and spread it again, because their immune system isn't that developed as the adult one. measures of quarantaine are impossible to perform, so we didn't even started it and i gave up on medical stuff - because it's not just one flu - it's a ongoing serial of flu's - so the stuff don't really helps, it only eases the actual symptoms of the current infection.
    and there is a saying: the flu last about seven days without medicine, with medicine it lasts a week...

constant cleaning/disinfecting of doorhandles and water tabs, wc-gear and other stuff used by infected people and washing the hands after using... and before eating might help against the spreading by skin contact. don't sneeze into your bare hand, sneeze against your forearm and you minimize the risk of contamination of things other people might use after you.

international solidarity in times of pestilence, i guess? how generous...

11. BreNoxious

BreNoxious Member New Member

Dec 27, 2010

and he is right.
    I discuss my discomfort, not whine about it.

12. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Coaxed her out into the open.

13. BreNoxious

BreNoxious Member New Member

Dec 27, 2010

if you only knew the things your mom coaxed me into.

14. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

if YOU only knew the things my mom coaxed me into :ecouteurs:

15. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

sounds alot like the other very dynamic relationship i know so well :ecouteurs:

16. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

17. JackNegativity

Nov 9, 2010

Dark humor and all, huh? :lmao:

18. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

It's the time of pestilence and hot footbaths, brandy with tea and herbal intoxication via camomille and sage... what else is there to expect?

19. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

Just makes me think of the young ones, Repent! Death, pestilence, hot footbaths and... the other one

20. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

Short impression of the apocalypse and the downfall of civilisation:
    (Dialog ca. 3 minutes ago)
    Strange noise coming from the girls room...
    Me: "What happened?"
    Weak voice from the girls room:
    "Nothing, we're only dying..."
    Me: "Is there anything I can do to keep you alive?"
    From the girls room:
    "Yes, can you steal Lil's blankets and give them to us, please, she's sooo mean and says she needs to keep them herself and that we can't have them."

... And the other one is a new trick I found right this moment: LEG COMPRESSES!
    Bandages just a bit wet all around the lower leg and covered by long socks or a pyjama trouser - and the vaporising wetness starts pushing the body temperature up, cookin' all those evil retro-viruses to death. Alternative an old soldiers trick: a thin pair of again just-a-bit-wet socks and a thick and dry pair of socks over the first wet one - same effect like the leg compresses.