Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fuck Glenn Danzig

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by ungovernable, May 30, 2017.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Latest public comments from conservative punk and Misfits singer Glenn Danzig are disgusting, again. What a fucking piece of trash.

Danzig Defends Trump’s Travel Ban, Says Planned Parenthood Shouldn’t Be “Selling Baby Parts”

Glenn Danzig held his Blackest Of The Black festival in Orange County, CA this weekend, bringing a castle, a bondage stage, a sacrificial altar, a blood bath, a roaming demon sideshow, and a bunch of metal to Oak Canyon Park. And in a new interview with The LA Times to discuss the event and the new Danzig album Black Laden Crown, he also brings some unfortunate support for Donald Trump’s controversial travel ban.

“It’s really not a travel ban,” Danzig says. “When you walk into the country, we want to see who you are and what you’re doing. Well, when I go to every country right now, they look at me and they see whether I can come in or not. And I’ve been turned away from Canada and other places before. Where’s my protest? Where’s my parade?”

Yes, because that’s totally the same thing. But hey, at least he’s pro-choice! “I might be conservative on some issues, and some issues I’m really liberal,” he explains. “I’m pro-abortion and I’m pro-Planned Parenthood.” Unfortunately, instead of stopping there, he continued: “But I don’t think Planned Parenthood should be selling baby parts like a chop shop in Brooklyn, OK?”

Here, Danzig, let me google that for you.

Source: Danzig Defends Trump’s Travel Ban, Says Planned Parenthood Shouldn’t Be “Selling Baby Parts” (shared by Mar)

FolkDevil and Alice.f like this.

2. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    About two months ago, the original MISFITS (Or at least 3/4 of them. I don't know who they got for a drummer) came to the Chicago area, played a big arena and charged $60.00 (U.S.) for the cheap seats. (Floor seats were around $200.00) Fear, and Venom Inc. were the opening acts. While I still enjoy their music, I have almost all of their stuff on C.D., and would rather just stay at home and listen to that instead of giving money to a bunch of rock stars who are having a reunion and are charging prices that the average fan can't afford.

All of a sudden I am reminded of the song "Rotten to The Core" by Rudimentary Peni.

Like most rock stars, they're only in it for the money and don't care about their fans.
    I mean, seriously. Just how much cat food and cat litter does one have to buy, Glenn?

Luckily, that same day, original Detroit punk band Death was also in town, along with Crude S.S. from Sweden.

Both were playing shows that were under $10.00 (U.S.).

I opted to go see Crude S.S. because I've already seen Death at least three times, and I don't think Crude S.S. have ever been to the U.S.

Danzig and the rest of the money grubbing crew of The Misfits can go stuff it!

I'll stay at home, play Evil Live and pretend that it's 1982 all over again, and get super excited when Henry Rollins get on stage for We Are 138.

Much cheaper, more enjoyable, and no jack boot security guard is going to kick me out for getting rowdy and enjoying myself too much!

LordManHammer and ungovernable like this.
  3. forgottencosmicpunx

forgottencosmicpunx Member New Member

Jul 6, 2019
    Male , 43 years old
    Florida, United States  United States

hear, hear to your reference of RP's "Rotten To The Core" and I absolutely envy your seeing Death.....

The Hat likes this.
  4. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    Has Death not made it down to Florida? If they come by to your neck of the woods, definitely go see them. Not only are they a great band, they seem quite humble and appreciative of their fan base.

5. forgottencosmicpunx

forgottencosmicpunx Member New Member

Jul 6, 2019
    Male , 43 years old
    Florida, United States  United States

Oi! how goes it, man? well, I hope....

hehe I was completely unaware Death were even still alive / associating with one another / actually playing(!)...and should they ever grace my area with their punk-pioneering presence, I shall surely be there....from what area do you hail, friend?

6. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    Well, considering that they were all brothers, they'll always be family. Dannis and Bobby Hackney are still alive while David died in 2000 of lung cancer. They released an single in 1976/77 "Politician in My Eyes" b/w "Keep A-Knockin'" on their own label Tryangle. Although it never went anywhere at the time, it became a highly sought after collector's item, which, for some strange reason, snowballed in popularity. This lead to their re-discovery, the release of all their demos, the best and first being the album "For All the World to See". Since then the two surviving brothers reunited with one of the guitar players from a Reggae band they were involved with called "Lamb's Bread". and have been touring and recording for about ten years now, give or take. Bobby's son, Julian, formed a band called "Rough Francis" named after David's side music project, which originally was a Death cover band, but since has evolved into it's own band. When I saw them, it reminded me a lot of The Stooges/MC5, even going so far as to cover T.V. Eye. Neither band tours very often, though, so it's a treat when they do. (Probably don't want to be caught up in the trappings of the music business, and who can blame them?)

If you haven't seen the film or read the book, I would recommend viewing the documentary " Band Called DEATH" and Bobby Hackney's autobiography "Rock and Roll Victim", which basically explains the history behind the band, although the book gets a little more personal about his family life, while the film mainly focuses on the band itself.

And to answer your other question, I am from the midwest, the great lakes area in particular, and that is all I'm willing to reveal at this moment.

Here's hoping that you have a great weekend.