Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Fav. Punk Band/Bands?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MartinBastholm, Feb 5, 2010.

1. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I fucking hate GG Allin.
    I'm pretty sure I've said this before in another topic. o_O

2. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

[/quote] DRI, kicks ass dude. I saw them last year and they still put on a great show. Best pit I've been in EVER!

And everyone likes GG because he was hilarious. And plus, didn't you hear, he was the massiah. :lmao:[/quote]

Fuck GG he was a low life piece of shit!
    haha the Messiah!!!!

3. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

You sicken me

4. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Saw DRI back in 96, best band i ever saw live, best show i ever went to (in spite of the six shitty metal bands that opened, DRI was so good it made the whole experience amazing.) I still have a Spike Cassidy guitar pick with the DRI logo on it, he threw a bunch out to the crowd throughout the night.

GG wasn't punk. Gg was total shit, a total insult to music in general and i've never met anyone who really was into GG that wasn't a total idiot.

5. MusicMania

MusicMania Member Forum Member

Sep 15, 2010

Doesn't bother me. I could give a shit less what people think of my taste in music. To each their own.

6. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

1.) I like G.G. Allin mostly for the shock factor and how fucking insane he was. Much entertainment. I enjoy some of his music... but, I wouldn't say "most".

2.) I'm female. You know, vagina, and tits. The whole shibang.

3.) I do dig female bands/artists as well. Just wouldn't put them in my top list of most listened to music... As least, Punk wise. I really dig the Devotchkas, actually. All female, Punk group.

YOU'RE the douchebag. And even if you "win" this arguement, it's via the Internet. I'm oh so threatened. Isn't Punk supposed to be about equality, acceptance, tolerance, and unity? Ha. I can feel the display of such emotions in these forums. \m/

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Doesn't really matter to me if your female or not, GG promoted misogyny in the worst way so go ahead and champion him......miss Douche-bag. :lmao:

8. Dogma264

Dogma264 Active Member Forum Member

Jun 29, 2010

Flux of pink indians
    Crass
    Conflict
    Aus Rotten
    Subhumans
    Dirt
    Chaos UK
    Crucifix
    Poison Girls
    Zounds

and Casualties (SIKE!)

Sadly i dont own any of their band shirts since im too poor and lazy to buy,steal, or make one of my own
    The only band shirt i have is a Exploited one :lmao:

9. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

oh by the way, since this thread is going up again

FUCK DRI!!!

$20 t-shirts, $10 back patch, $5 for smaller patches at their last show i went to which was around dec. of 2009 i'm pretty sure.

love their music, hate them as old farts selling shit for waaaay more than it's worth. but it was a good show....$15 at the door though :/ wonder how much they made?

10. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    those prices are ridiculous, Stark Raving Mad had a song about Kurt 25 years ago called 'Capitalist Cunt'....Kurt played bass for them pre-DRI.

11. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

yes, i saw DRI in dec 09 aswell, and yeah i noticed all there stuff was way overpriced...
    but it was a hell of a good show!

12. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Good (typical) lyrics, and I like the music. No shame.

13. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

Just because I like his music doesn't mean I support everything he ever promoted, believed in, or did. You mean to tell me that you support every promotion, belief, statement, or otherwise movement of every band/artist you like (especially those in your top)? I doubt it. NO ONE supports EVERYTHING.

14. Jameson

Jameson Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    Too lazy to quote everyone bitching about GG.

GG was a cunt. (Duh)
    If you hate GG so much that you'll bitch at anyone that mentions him, he has won.
    Just because someone listens to Expose Yourself To Kids by GG doesn't automatically make them a petophile. They could just have a sick sence of humor, and who the fuck are you to judge what someone can laugh at.
    Also, if you dislike someone or consider them stupid for listening to whatever they want, than you are no better than the fascists.

This isn't directed at anyone in general just anyone who tends to get butthurt whenever GG is mentioned

Rest In Shit GG!

15. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    As a matter of fact I do, or I don't support it because whatever I support reflects on me and my belief system. So I guess your theory there is full of shit. This is my life: anarchism, direct action, anti-fascism, family, music, and friends. Whatever priorities you have are entirely your business, but don't expect to come on an anarchist website and sell us a piece of shit like GG and not get called on it. Not only do I not support bands that run against what we stand for, I actively seek to expose them to others who might be blind to their ways.

Yeah it shouldn't matter that he was a vile scumfuck as long as he has a good beat you could dance to, right?

16. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    You can go laugh at whatever the fuck you want, but not here. You want to support that shit, go do it somewhere else this isn't the place for it. You want to call people on here fascist then I suggest you do go somewhere else to worship your Idols, and take your impressive homophobic vocabulary with you. You need to read the 'Who are we?' text before posting again.

17. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

There's no way you COMPLETELY agree with EVERYTHING from EVERY band you support. It's impossible. People have different views. Yes, you may support MOST but not ALL. That's my point. Unless you're following someone or something BLINDLY, of course, then I suppose you can believe in and support EVERY SINGLE THING.

My point ISN'T that I shouldn't care about the things G.G. Allin may or may not support as long as I "can dance to a good beat". My point is, some of the shit he did was funny. It's a laugh. For example, because I like the band Fear, I'm a sexist, pro-war idiot, because they joke about that shit for a good laugh? That's complete blasphamy to think that my interest in that band COMPLETELY shapes me and my ideals, or that I truly am pro-war and sexist. I'm not. Loosen up and laugh every once in a while. Holy Moses.

Yes, I understand that you should MOSTLY support what you follow. I get that part. It doesn't make me an idiot, or any less of a person because I have a very ecclectic taste in music (Punk isn't my only musical desire), and I may need a good laugh every once in a while. Yes, G.G. Allin was a little too violent for my taste. No, I don't believe he's the Messiah. And no, I don't support his raping and victimizing of women. But, he made some good music from time to time. Sue me for enjoying a decent message and musical beat. There actually WERE some GOOD messages through some of his music, and talk about a COMPLETE Anarchist...

18. Jameson

Jameson Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2010
     United States
    GG is not my idol. People who idolize GG are retarded. I listen to his music for laughs, he him self was a douchnozzle.

What did I say that was homophobic this time? :lmao:

19. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

Exactly.

A-fucking-men. Thank God someone has common sense, and isn't a closed minded piece of shit.

Ha. Couldn't have said it better myself. Hoorah!

That's hilarious. Ha.

20. MusicMania

Sep 15, 2010

Same here. My point exactly. It's a laugh, for the most part. Only a few of his songs deal with serious issues... most of which are a little "off" so to speak, but there's a few worthwhile.