Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Don't You Think You're Too Old To Be Listening To That Music?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stevrosoc, Nov 27, 2012.

1. RobtheScrod

RobtheScrodNew Member New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Male
    Berlin, Maryland United States
    I'm 48 and have been into punk since 1985 when I first heard Suicidal Tendencies with their first album. Mature and mellow? Define mature in this day and age. There are so many so called adults who act like kids, it's ridiculous. I'm still pissed and how can you not be in this cesspool of a so called democracy. Hooray for USA, what a joke!

2. Spasmolytic

SpasmolyticMember Forum Member

Jun 18, 2018
    Uppsala, Sweden United States
    I got that shit already in my early twenties haha. Now I'm approaching 30 and my taste hasn't changed that much in the years. Maybe nowdays I can enjoy different genres and don't care so much about being "correct" or particularly cool. but I enjoy the same shit as when I were young.

one the flipside quite a lot of of my friends "grew up"

3. The Hat

The HatExperienced Member Experienced member

I wasn't aware of the fact that when I reach a certain age, I had to stop listening to, or playing punk rock.

Seems like Charlie Harper, Knox, Steve Ignorant, G.B.H. Dick Lucas, Joey Shithead, Greg Ginn, Keith Morris, Jello Biafra, or Vinnis Stigma didn't get that memo either.

aint ashamed likes this.
  4. The Hat

VINNIE Stigma. Lead singer for Agnostic Front! He's 65!

aint ashamed likes this.
  5. The Hat

There's a new product on the market that all the young kids are talking about IT'S CALLED A SENSE OF HUMOR!

Geez! If you really took that seriously, you probably think The Hard Times is hard hitting punk journalism in the same vein as Maximum Rock and Roll, or Profane Existence!

Why am I all of a sudden reminded of the song "Mickey Mouse is Dead" by the (British) Subhumans?

6. Anarchowithoutcapitalism

AnarchowithoutcapitalismMember Forum Member

I'm 38 and just got a Discharge back patch (the one with the 3 red skulls) that I stapeled to the back of my jacket along with Citizen Fish patches and Horror Vacui buttons ect ect. So to me age is not important in punk. I see some older anarcho-punk bands who are much older in age yet some of their members still dress the same as they did when they were young.

8 members have read this thread this month

1. Anarchowithoutcapitalism
  2. The Hat
  3. Red Menace
  4. punkmar77
  5. Hent
  6. Charger Bullet
  7. Joke
  8. CULTO DEL CARGO