Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Cassette Tapes

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by deadrock98, Jan 7, 2012.

1. deadrock98

deadrock98 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    Hey I was wondering if anyone knew any distros that carry a good amount of crust or anarcho cassette tapes or if you have some that you no longer want I am more than welcome to buy them off you or if you can make copies of them for me I will pay.

2. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

Depends on what you want. Are you looking to redistribute? Resell? Collect? Duplicate? What's the plan?

3. deadrock98

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    I just want some stuff to listen to in my car. My cassette player on my turn table broke so I am unable to record records onto cassettes and all the punks I know that live around here only listen to music on their CD players or MP3 players.

4. deadrock98

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    I remember this distro in England, BBP Records, sold cassette tapes. But I believe they are no longer around unless someone tells me differently

5. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

Oh, right. I thought you wanted to distro things yourself. Find out the record labels your favourite bands are on and check their websites; usually a good place to start, and most of them will have compilations and such. Also, if you can be bothered, get an old tapedeck from a secondhand store for a fiver and use an RCA to 3.5mm cord from your turntable's output to the tapedeck's input, and record new tapes that way.

6. deadrock98

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    I may try that. I am trying to find like cassettes from like Crass, Conflict, Antisect, Extinction of Mankind that sort of stuff.

7. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

8. systemsystem

systemsystem New Member New Member

May 22, 2012

9. Wide-Eyed Sluggard

Wide-Eyed Sluggard Member Forum Member

Jun 14, 2012

I have a cassette that has most of Feeding of the 5000 on it and a live performance, but it's about to fall apart.
    If you have or can make CDs just get an old stereo at a thrift store and tape your CDs, I used to do that all the time when my car had a tape deck