Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

"California Might Legalize Pot, For Real This Time"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lunadimae, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Just found this:

"At 47, Lee is a kind of unofficial Buddha to the pro-pot movement. He has transformed a neighborhood and brought thriving new businesses to Oakland's downtown. Now, as the sponsor of an initiative that was approved this week by the California secretary of state—to appear on November's ballot—Lee hopes the rest of California will join Oakland as a kind of trailblazer in the fight for marijuana legalization. If approved by voters, the Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act would make California the first state in the nation to make pot legal, allowing Californians 21 and older to grow and possess up to an ounce. And in much the same way Oakland has embraced the medical-marijuana industry, the law would pave the way for local jurisdictions to tax and regulate the marijuana trade—a concept that, with the California state government billions in the red, even Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has said should be up "for debate." "People are no longer outraged by the idea of legalization," former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown wrote in a recent op-ed. "And truth be told, there is just too much money to be made both by the people who grow marijuana and the cities and counties that would be able to tax it."

Rest of story:
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/235480?GT1=43002

2. AndrewFred

AndrewFred Experienced Member Experienced member

Oct 10, 2009

just go to oregon

3. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

No matter what laws they make the people will always do what they want

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    well if i recall correctly marijuana is already almost legal in california, you just need a prescription from a doctor and i seen a documentary where some students are growing weed for their studies right inside school, and the same students said they all had prescriptions from doctors for stupid reasons and they were allowed to legally buy weed in coffee shops

facts are that a state can't partially legalize weed, doctors will become corrupted and will give you a prescription for stupid reasons like supposedly hyperactivity, if you pay them..

and anyway, legalization isn't THAT great, weed will sale for higher prices and government will make a shitload of money out of taxes just like tobacco and alcohol

5. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

that can be counteracted by growing it yourself, maybe a GIY-community will uhm... flourish :p

6. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

haha good puns...grow it yourself?

i have alwase wanted to be able to go to a couch tard and be like ya get me a pack of 20 coosh or m39 or what ever strain ur feeling like. they would have a huge selection.

i have alwase wondered that maybe it would not sell for huge amnounts of money since it will be mass produced and there would be feilds run by farmers. it wont be the dealer saying ya today its a 3.5 for 25$ and the next day it changees to somthing else. it would be regulated. i unno im hung over so its hard to think. but im down. and plus californa is in huge debt and this could maybe be a good way to get the govanator out of a shit hole. get some cash back into there. and who knows! maybe other citys will follow. montreal is a very liberal city it would fit in nicly here