Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Boots- HELP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by (Filipe), Dec 4, 2010.

1. (Filipe)

(Filipe) Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

hi , i want to buy a new par of boots ,i allready have one pair of Steel Ranger boots 10 hole .
    what do u think i should buy?

2. deadrock98

deadrock98 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 3, 2010
     United States
    are you vegan or dont care that its leather?

3. (Filipe)

Dec 4, 2010

i dont care if its leather :p

4. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

I don't normal respond to these, but i'm in a good mood today so what the hell.

Back in the day when I had money and no responsibility I was partial to Gripfast. Now I'd be happy for a beat up pair of surplus combat boots. I generally just wear cheap steel toed work shoes that look like granpa sneakers. That's how I roll, son.

5. (Filipe)

Dec 4, 2010

6. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 28, 2010

I went well with Undercover Boots, the three pair I've bought over the last 3 years are good, plus not tooo expensive in my opinion.
    They won't be renewed by buying another pair, though...
    simply doesn't fit my attitude anymore, will use them until they are absolutely dead, then skip to animal-free shoes instead of (vegan) boots :thumbsup:
    it's better to test boots before buying them, or to get informations, there are brands out there that are just shit, bad quality and expensive as well.

7. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Boots are overrated.

8. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

Thanks, Jay-Z

9. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

My initials really are JZ. I'm more partial to RZA, Ghostface Killah and Method Man from Wu Tang though. The other Wu Tang guys rap too much about moronic and homophobic shit for my tastes. Off topic, but fuck it.

10. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    we only wear potato skin boots :p

11. (Filipe)

Dec 4, 2010

Do they look like these? :lmao:

[​IMG]

12. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Yup, and we power all our amplifiers and PA's with a bamboo ten speed generator ;)

13. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

Doc Martens....

14. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

uh, whats the difference between animal-free and vegan? or did you mean the difference between shoes and boots?

15. AgentOrange

Sep 28, 2010

primary, yes, i meant the difference between shoes and boots.

especially because there are the so-called 'vegan boots', my second reason using the term.

animal-free was also for variety :p

also, I personally don't like the mentioned vegan boots, because they are mostly made out of plastic- or similar products as far as I know, so not very healthy (enviroment etc.) due to petroleum-origins.
    also, they are more expensive than normal leather boots.
    -->as a vegan (if i were, only vegetarian at the moment), i would stick to ordinary shoes with less hazardous materials

16. anarchoskin69

anarchoskin69 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 14, 2010

i have much interest in your deliberation between "vegan" boots and how ordinary shoes w/ less hazardous materials. i assure you, if someone makes "vegan" boots, they're probably like mine, which have recycled rubber from goodyear tires on my soles. the thing is, whats better for environment? letting tires sit in one piece, taking longer to waste away or recycling them and putting them on the bottom of your feet? if they get worn out, then the hazard isnt concentrated which is better apt for mother earth to handle it. alot of vegan stores tell you where they get their stuff from, like veganessentials.com

17. AgentOrange

Sep 28, 2010

IF the vegan boots are out of recycled material, as you mentioned, they would be a -good- alternative to leather ones, of course. also, just talking about the soles or about the entire boots? many cloth shoes have recycled rubber as a sole, too.

nevertheless(1) i'm sure that there are many factories that produce artificial/vegan leather (not necessarily boots, also jackets, gloves...) not by recycling tyres or similar waste.
    one needs indeed to inform about the 'history' of his clothes.

nevertheless(2) i won't buy them, to expensive compared to cloth shoes. as mentioned, i will continue to use my old leathers until they are absolutely unwearable :p (if i were the animal slaughtered for the boots, i wouldn't want them to be thrown away after a year or two... ;) )

18. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

i second this.

i just got my used combat boots at the army surplus store for like 20 american dollars. i never fucking wear them....seriously save your money unless you really need a pair for practical reasons.

19. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    I just picked up some used boots during the summer. Now that it's turning into a classic Canadian winter, I'm realizing how damn useless they are on the snow :S .
    I usually wear boots, because they last a heck of a lot longer than most shoes, and the steel toes and/or tougher make hold up a lot better at shows.

20. (Filipe)

Dec 4, 2010

I use them almost every day (except when i have sports at school classes)