Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

bad brains and homophobia...

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by disfuck, Jan 25, 2010.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    other than they just plain SUCKED...Ive always wondered if they are so superior to other races why they have the worst fuckin music of anyone....seriously though

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

early stuffs fine, they became full of shit they weren't always full if it haha and i haven't seen even these douches support 'the mainstream' yet, plus art is art if its not douchebaggery

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    FYP had a great song , Ian Stewart as a crash test dummy... and of course MDC's Nazi's Shouldn't drive (look out for that tree!)

4. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

In all honesty, some of the nazi music out there is musically pretty badass.
    Lyrically I could give a fuck if theyre yelling about raping children with AIDS dripping dicks out of wedlock in an interracial relationship with sammy davis jrs corpse contorted into a swaztika on fire, Musically some of those jerkoffs can play better than most of the shit out there today.

Oidoxies guitar player is killer.
    Angry Aryans one album is so heavy and perfectly executed its is insane.
    Skrewdriver is over fucking rated.
    Landser is pretty decent.
    Hellgrinder is hilarious.
    The Dentists are classic.
    And Johnny Rebel is downright classic.

I guess im an asshole because I find offensive things hilarious/can appreciate a good musician despite their views?

5. Cocytus

Oct 14, 2009

6. back2front

back2front Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 26, 2009

Ah yes shock value and nazi chic... so if Hitler played a good trumpet and Stalin was nifty on the ukelele you could appreciate their sterling musicianship and everything else doesn't matter? Ah yes what's a few million corpses here and there when we're getting a few good tunes out of it.

7. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

FUCK HOMOPHOBIA!

Limp Wrist all the way...this is why Queercore and Riot Grrl exists and fucking rocks something chronic.

I never liked Bad Brains to begin with...this just strengthens my dislike for them.

I like to spend time at gigs making sure that I am visible as a Queer/Faggot/Poof/Homo/...etc

Next load of macho/alpha-male homophobic/sexist bullshit I see on stage I would love to jump up next to the lead singer, drop my jeans and wank onstage.

/rant

8. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    I'd pay to see that :lmao:

9. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    I don't think your an asshole, but i do think it is bad to listen to that shit, even if it's godhead musicianship. One obvious reason is if you hear the white power message too much, even if you think you are beyond it, what's to stop it from subliminally entering your mind? Music that's catchy gets in your head for better or worse.

(and i do enjoy the soundtrack to Romper Stomper, but i don't listen to it unless i'm watching the movie)

10. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I'll pass, so give me a head's up before hand and I'll just retreat to get myself more beer :p

11. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

early skrewdriver isn't overrated, nazi music is fullstop, always coopting ideas and thats just arse, so u like giving em money or are you stealing from them.

bad brains have changed some of their ways, yes wanking on stage will get a medal of approval, wat are fake fags anyway, 'oh u'd only know if' *sigh, dumbing down is not allowed PUNK! thats wat confused people in the first place 'oh no i'm a hardcore kid', hardcore punk dorklard.

r u cruising anxiety?

12. Cocytus

Oct 14, 2009

I have never once purchased a nazi bands album, only downloaded them.

13. Cocytus

Oct 14, 2009

I actually pay no attention to the lyrics at all, i maybe modify and steal a riff or lead or 2 but thats about as far as it goes.
    to me thats all that stuff is good for, riffs to steal and a laugh here and there.

And to the dude bragging about being queercore, stop looking for attention, please.

14. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

im glad that some of them have grown up , but id still like to hear what hrs veiws are because it hasnt said anything about them , also im not down with the nAZI MUsic , when an anit racist is shouting them , i think its very contradicting , i see it as if we drop an n bomb or call people fags then we are no better than the ones we hate

15. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    cruising? sorry asa, i'm not sure what you are asking me?

Oh this record store I used to work at called Noise Noise Noise used to sell used white power records if they were traded in, but the owner had a disclaimer posted on the card that said "all the money made off these records will go to help increase our reggae and hip hop sections"

16. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

nazi music is shit even the romper band was fake, it mite get goats, it also is just um wrong or somethin, queercore asking for attention?, geez cocytus haven't u herd of queens, do u wear swastikas t's too, by the way i am all for the freedom of words and images but when theres no brains then a boot mite entail, do u wine nobody likes you, musta been listening to too much hitler gibberish, na i'm quite calm just dislike idiots in punk, wow cocytus do u ignore everybody, i just retyped wat i already had, durr mr ego phew gotta god complex?
    IGNORE, bad brains first album rulllessss, fuck off.

crusing: gay slang for picking up, i don't play soz

17. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    nah, i'm very straight thank you, just like to see homophobic people scared.

18. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

I am sooo sorry that you seem to have a problem with Queer Punks on the scene...your poor little ego, let me kiss it better.

19. Cocytus

Oct 14, 2009

i dont have a problem with anyone being gay, i have a problem with people demanding attention and respect due to thier sexual preference/political leanings.

I have never once demanded respect on here, i have simply stated my views, you on the other hand come on here radio blasting yellng look at me look at me.

thats not punk, its fucking sad, respect and people paying attention is earned, not demanded.

take a step back, recollect yourself and slow down, were on the same team(just im not gay)
    I fully support what your about, just not how you present it.

I think gays/lesbians should start straight bashing/beating.
    It would at least turn the tables, and prove a point.

20. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

whos homophobic on here? don't mince the issues, thanx anxiety

starts singing proud to be gay, gets looked at wierd, man touch's bum, sorry not gay, stop harrasing me haha or heres a bottle