Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Any good venues in chicago?

Discussion in 'North America & Pacific Region' started by killcorporate, Mar 8, 2011.

1. killcorporate

killcorporate Member New Member

Mar 8, 2011

As in places where they don't care if you drink underage in/around the club, generally no rules except no rascists, fighting, flushing the toilet unless you took a shit, ect. star fucking hipsters are playin at this place called reggies soon but i heard it was a restaurant too, which is making me think that it might not be the place for me to go with a pint or two looking for a good time...any suggestions?

2. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

Well, Reggie's is sort of a serious venue that hosts a lot of non punk stuff, so it's not really a place to hang out or drink unless you're buying from the bar. Other venues that occasionally host punk shows but generally suck are Metro (fucking bastards), Congress Theater (hardass security, no crowd surfing), and the Bottom Lounge (more of a metal place but better). I really can't think of a place that's cool about underage drinking

DIY places are generally collectives and such. The Hellhole, Ranchos Huevos, Locked Out etc. are all like this. Spiderskull Island is a house somewhere west on Diversey that hosts shows in the basement. All good places to chill on show nights, I'll post something here if there are any upcoming shows about that are all ages friendly.

3. Melissa23

Melissa23 New Member New Member

Aug 6, 2011

Black Hole is a good venue where crust fest is held every year. It's an arcade and also has a bar. It's located in "little mexico" I guess you would call it. Great place. I like the Subterranean, but the people working there are real dickheads. <3