Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

anarchy and environmentalism

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by bennion, Mar 15, 2010.

1. bennion

bennion Active Member Forum Member

Mar 2, 2010

i am a huge supporter of environmentalism but i am wondering if anarchy has any place for it and what would we do as a anarchy if we were to achieve :ecouteurs: it.

2. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

I think the two are peas in a pod! I think the environment should be one of the first focuses of an anarchist society. If I were to be part of an anarchist society I would hope that it would be sustained by renewable energy and use all resources in the most environmentally concious way possible.

3. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

Agreed. Thanks for bringing it up. I would imagine environmental consciousness would be one of the main focuses in an anarchist society and i would expect that the society would be sustainable in more areas then just energy. Public gardens would be a great start, as would a better system of recycling that includes more then just cans and newspapers. Really simple things that the main society doesn't do as a whole

4. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

I totally agree with you on all those points. Also people tend to forget the first two "R's' of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Reuse and reduction of use need to come before recycling is even a thought...This is why I think projects like freecycle are so cool. We need things like that in an anarchist society. I always tell kids in my classes who throw away paper (that has most likely only been used on one side) in the trash can (when my school has a kickass recycling program as is! And recycling bins next to every trash can!), "You should be forced to eat that paper to get the full caloric value of what you just wasted back!" :D

5. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Agree. Heard of Transition Towns? It's starting to spread world wide, people growing what they can in the city, for themselves and others. Planting for example fruit trees in public places does good both for the environment and for the hungry.

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    of course it has its place, there's even a green and black flag for anarcho-ecologist and there's a lot of theories about this movement