Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anarcho-Hip-Hop. My effort to spread Anarchism to a whole new demographic

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by L-Train the Anarchist, Mar 18, 2019.

1. L-Train the Anarchist

L-Train the Anarchist Member New Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Male
    Kansas City, MO  United States
    Currently in the process of starting something that I hope will grow into a movement to increase awareness of the cause among my particular demographic. Im making my own music but the best example of what I'm trying to spread is a Harlem MC named Immortal Technique (my real inspiration). Listen to "the 4th branch". Punk has a monopoly on the Anarchist music scene but I believe it's because most people listening to hip-hop aren't aware of the message. I only recently became aware of it, myself. It's actually made me understand punk rock a little better. They aren't aware of the big picture because the mainstream has brainwashed them to care about sipping lean, buying expensive jewelry for no reason and other bs. Most gangster-rap already has an anti-authoritarian message and I think that through enlightenment, we will be able to harness that into believers in the cause and bolster our numbers. Any other suggestions for music? If you guys got'em, Im all ears. 20190312_221806.jpg

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

L-Train the Anarchist likes this.
  3. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Immortal Technique is is only the latest in a long line of political or consciously left Hip Hop, from the very beginnings of Hip Hop, punks have been involved, in a very famous interview Afrika Bambaataa stated "Without the NY punks opening their venues to us and actively helping us in the beginning, we would have never gotten Hip Hop out of the basement and borough parties and into NYC proper, nobody else would touch us." Happy hunting, it is a long, fascinating, and mostly lost history between the tribes.

This isn't the interview I was talking about but here Bambaataa talks about punks as well

Red Bull Music Academy Daily

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  4. L-Train the Anarchist

Mar 12, 2019
    Male
    Right on, I didn't know that. I just hate seeing my people all in the crip and blood mentality fighting over table scraps while the real enemy is having the whole meal with plenty to feed everybody all to themselves. I want to open some eyes and help unite all of the working class together. Ever since I've really seen what's going on, I've been wanting to help bring change to our world for the better. I feel like I have to do my part.

5. L-Train the Anarchist

Mar 12, 2019
    Male
    I dig it. Just wish it was in my language, though. Lol

6. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Anarchism is international and so is Hip Hop now.. ya gotta expand your boundries..

7. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Who cares?

8. Nikrayster

Nikrayster Member New Member

Apr 24, 2018
    England, United Kingdom  Thailand
    Moscow Death Brigade are kinda Anarcho-hip-hop, you heard them?

9. Pinguin

Pinguin New Member New Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Vaud, Switzerland  Switzerland
    In Germany there are a lot of left wing rap.
    at example is the project "spuck auf rechts"(spit on the right). And in Bern, Switzerland there are Rap groupes like chaostruppe and Fischermäteli Hood Gang

punkmar77 likes this.
  10. fetlaritea

fetlaritea Member New Member

Oct 23, 2011
     United Kingdom