Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

An Inconvenient Truth (Al gore's documentary on climate changes)

Discussion in 'Documentaries & Movies' started by ungovernable, May 20, 2010.

1. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    [video]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8847562857479496579#[/video]

An Inconvenient Truth is a 2006 documentary film directed by Davis Guggenheim about former United States Vice President Al Gore's campaign to educate citizens about global warming via a comprehensive slide show that, by his own estimate, he has given more than a thousand times.

Premiering at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival and opening in New York City and Los Angeles on May 24, 2006, the documentary was a critical and box-office success, winning Academy Awards for Best Documentary Feature and for Best Original Song.[2] The film also earned $49 million at the box office worldwide, becoming the fifth-highest-grossing documentary film to date in the United States.[3]

The idea to document his efforts came from Laurie David who saw his presentation at a town-hall meeting on global warming which coincided with the opening of The Day After Tomorrow. David was so inspired by Gore's slide show that she, with Lawrence Bender, met with Guggenheim to adapt the presentation into a film.

Since the film's release, An Inconvenient Truth has been credited for raising international public awareness of climate change and reenergizing the environmental movement. The documentary has also been included in science curricula in schools around the world, which has spurred some controversy including a British High Court case.

An Inconvenient Truth is a 2006 documentary film directed by Davis Guggenheim about former United States Vice President Al Gore's campaign to educate citizens about global warming via a comprehensive slide show that, by his own estimate, he has given more than a thousand times.

Premiering at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival and opening in New York City and Los Angeles on May 24, 2006, the documentary was a critical and box-office success, winning Academy Awards for Best Documentary Feature and for Best Original Song.[2] The film also earned $49 million at the box office worldwide, becoming the fifth-highest-grossing documentary film to date in the United States.[3]

The idea to document his efforts came from Laurie David who saw his presentation at a town-hall meeting on global warming which coincided with the opening of The Day After Tomorrow. David was so inspired by Gore's slide show that she, with Lawrence Bender, met with Guggenheim to adapt the presentation into a film.

Since the film's release, An Inconvenient Truth has been credited for raising international public awareness of climate change and reenergizing the environmental movement. The documentary has also been included in science curricula in schools around the world, which has spurred some controversy including a British High Court case.

2. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Worst part of all is that this guy (Al Gore) was supposed to be the president, NOT bush. Because as we all know, bush cheated the elections. If you didn't know, then i urge you to do some searches about what happenned in florida during the 2001 elections. Also watch the documentary "hacking democracy"

Al gore would have been a much better president, at least he wanted to sign the Kyoto protocol... And bush refused to sign the protocol, and then all the other countries also refused.. Because anyway USA is the #1 biggest polluating country releasing the most CO2 in the atmosphere, so if they don't sign the kyoto protocol it wasn't worth it for the other country, so they gave up..

3. deadsmart

deadsmart Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 19, 2009

I found this documentary to be really good. I was surprised haha, but I enjoyed it.

And yea, its too bad Gore didn't get the presidency, who knows what all would be different, eh?

4. nofutureforyou

nofutureforyou Member Forum Member

Apr 28, 2010

I could not finish this movie, maybe 'cause I was 14 when I attempted watching it, but all I remember him saying repetitively or hinting he should've been president. I might give it another shot though.

5. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    If i recall correctly, he doesn't even directly say he should have been president, except a joke at the beginning where he says sometimes like "hey i'm al gore, the ex future president"

anyway, i think he have all the right to remind peoples he's the one who is supposed to be president...

6. nofutureforyou

nofutureforyou Member Forum Member

Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, but I was fourteen and trying to understand it; I failed hardcore.