Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

An idea

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by No_Justice_left, Jan 12, 2010.

1. No_Justice_left

No_Justice_left Active Member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

So i was thinking about trying to live as anarchist as possible when i though of this, Buy/find an area of land(probably a forested area) and just just start a sort of tribe. Contact anarchists and the such and get people to live like this on the area of land. build your own homes/shelters, grow food etc., also if you wanted electricity, we could have wind turbines/solar panels etc instead of paying taxes for electricity. Wind turbines can be made with not to much skills required but we would have to buy solar panels but once the payments are made we can break free from consumerism. (except for basic things heat and lights pretty much that would run off the renewable energy, and of course taxes on the land but in many rural places land is pretty cheap) What are you're views on this?

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I thought of the same thing, but I think it would need quite a starting budget.
    Regardless I think it's a great idea though.

3. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

Just Do It! :ecouteurs:

4. No_Justice_left

No_Justice_left Active Member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Lol i wish it was that easy :)

5. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Communes man! The hippies did it....they failed though because they were a bunch of acid eating wackos.

6. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

And we'll fly everyone from the site out and have a huge party :D
    no liver will be left undamaged...

7. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

dunno, i can't drink, sad huh, ah well life goes on haha, wacko communes fuck up, israel taught us that oh and hippies and their kids and and and and others don't affect arse generally but your personal living choice, nareally their are sum good! examples but its not bliss necessarily execept too some on a very personal level

8. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Count me in!

9. back2front

back2front Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 26, 2009

I think it depends on why you want to do it. But it's not really "as anarchist as possible" just because you've taken yourself out of the machine. Capitalism and the State still exist and remain unchallenged.

Check out, maybe Bolton Hall, Benjamin Tucker, Henry Thoraeu, Walt Whitman etc - these guys were early US anarchists at the turn of the 19th century who followed what was called individualist anarchism. They lived in the sticks and lived off the land. It's a lovely way of life but unfortunately the system remains so other anarchists have argued that it's not anarchism to disappear into the woods and leave the struggle behind. Of course, from an anarchist perspective, there's nothing wrong with living this type of lifestyle as long as you don't forget the struggle that goes on outside of it.

10. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

I say go for it, if you lived around me, id be down to come and help build up things. Im from the country anyways so id think id be pretty useful

11. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

It would be nice to have someplace that can feel like home, like a safehaven, where everything can just be anarchistic and wonderfull and one can get away from society for a while to get more strength for the struggle though. I'd absolutely love to be able to grow my food! Or, rather, our food...

12. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    It's called a TAZ - Temporary Autonomous Zone ;)

Only one detail:

i think the twos shouldn't be associated, since this is what will make the difference between what is an OCCUPATION and what is not...

It's the same thing with squats.... Buying a building to make a "squat" isn't much revolutionnary.... Occupation and resistance is.

In europe it's very popular, especially with the "free party" movement. But there's also a few communes with self-managed farms and houses and such... In america it's less popular

13. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

I love the idea... and I actually know of a perfect place. Right behind my apartment there is an abandoned school for sale for $20,000 including all buildings and land. The building includes a 3 story school house, A full-size gym, and a large building connecting the two, there is also a small, what looks to be, an old one room school house on the property. There is plenty of land to grow food, you could put solar panels on the roof of the buildings, you could also put wind turbines up. Also the small town (about 150 people) are really friendly. We are surrounded by beautiful hills and forests, with plenty of hunting and fishing (if you eat meat). You could probably easily house around 200 punks in the building. Oh and don't forget with the gym you could host some great shows.

So there you go you can have your very own anarcho-punk school house for less than the price of a new car!!!

14. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    ill pitch in $50 :)

15. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

I could probably save up in pitch in like $1000 and some labour... dude with that building we could even build a brewery in the basement! I have a recipe for alcoholic root beer!

I think the tough thing would be trying to convince a bunch of anarchists to move to a small village in Iowa. Oh and for the non-consumerists on here, we don't have any store in town other than a small gas station (that will actually let you fill up on the promise that you will pay them when you get money), a bar, and a meat locker.... absolutely no corporate stores in the whole town, it is really nice to see.

16. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

you guys are awesome!, jst syn.

17. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Cannabis vendors anyone?

18. Anom

Dec 21, 2009

Had a hemp that grew from birdseed once... ^^
    Sounds superb, even though Iowa is a bit, well, hard to get to. Anyone wanting to do something like this in europe?

19. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i'm down! maybe rathryn can put us up :beers:

20. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I do NOT need a brain anyway... I still have a liver :D

As for the ideas on actually starting it, just lemme know when I can fly on over then... lol
    I can probably bring more than enough hemp seeds :D