Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Crass: Capitalist traitors using copyright laws against Anarcho-Punk.Net - 3000 albums deleted because of these greedy selfish sellout bastards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anarcho-Punk.net, Jul 18, 2012.

1. NoGodsNoMasters38

NoGodsNoMasters38 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2013

What the fuck?! Why do Crass hate their fans so much?

2. slcoi

slcoi New Member New Member

Aug 20, 2015

what is a list of all the albums that were removed?

3. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Over 3000 albums were lost do you want a list?

4. slcoi

Aug 20, 2015

i want a list. but if 3000 items is too much could you just post bands? because i was aware of hundreds of crass oriented bands and there no links to them anymore so i forgot about a large number of them.

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    This has nothing to do with the bands being crass-like or not. Read the whole story, everything is explained.

We hosted 3000 albums on Mediafire.
    When they heard about our website, Crass filed a copyright complaint to Mediafire instead of contacting us.
    In result, Mediafire deleted the whole account because Crass insisted it was copyrighted material.
    2 years later, we bought our own server to host our albums. They are now back online, but it is the same 3000+ albums that were deleted because of Crass.
    So just check the list of the albums hosted by Anarcho-Punk.net and you will find out.

Rivas Iroquoi likes this.
  6. slcoi

Aug 20, 2015

thank you. but don't you think that's kind of making the same mistake? regardless I want to know what was taken down so I can know what bands Crass were claiming to be copyrighted

7. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I don't mean to sound impatient with you but nobody here is going to post all 3000 deleted bands and albums, that's just ridiculous, and no we aren't making the same mistake because a. no Crass albums, and b. it's our own server that hosts it, so unless we have a psychotic breakdown and delete the albums ourselves it isn't happening. Crass claimed copyright on their own records we were hosting and because of their label/lawyers/greed we lost over 3000 albums that didn't have anything whatsoever to do with them.

Spasmolytic likes this.
  8. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Still have any doubt Steve Ignorant sold out ?

[​IMG]

Government-sponsored and bank-sponsored festival, here's the list of sponsors from the official website:
    [​IMG]

9. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  10. JolleyPunk

JolleyPunk Active Member Forum Member

Aug 5, 2015
     United States
    Well fuck, this is super disappointing. Crass was like the fucking poster child of anarcho-punk, but now their just a capitalist trophy. Dammit man. Ah well, C'est La Vie

11. big billy 21

big billy 21 New Member New Member

Sep 21, 2016

I assume that money for volunteer search and rescue boatmen is shite these days, it's disappointing that he couldn't have kept on practicing what he was preaching all those years ago it's pretty much the same as Lydon turning into a butter shill

12. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Going over this thread, I came across Andy Lefton's comments in the first 3 pages or so, Andy is well known as being a member of War//Plague and most recently of Tau Cross with Barron Miller of Amebix. Being the nasty antifa that I am, I came across some comments from Mr. Amebix that left much to be discussed on behalf of antifa/anarchists/people of color, and I politely but honestly pointed out these flaws in his thinking. Needless to say, Mr. Amebix' true bourgeoise, neo-liberal, patriarchal, Anglo/Saxon-centric, views came to light. He defended gay/nazi Milo Yianoppoulos' right to "free speech" regardless if they put anyone's life at risk (namely undocumented University Of California at Berkeley students that he and his nazi companions had doxxed and were prepared to out). Well after all this back and forth, I'd finally had enough of Mr. Amebix talking down to me from his pedestal. I promptly let him know he was full of shit and I could give a fuck who he thought he was. Which brings us back to Mr. Lefton. I contacted Andy and let him know what had happened, and he immediately asked me not to make it public. Now looking back at these Crass threads, I remember were I knew him from. Nothing has changed with Mr. Lefton, still defending dodgy assed old white men from the UK that pose as anarchist. Sickening....

13. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
  14. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    It seems that as soon as some file sharing network takes down a catalog of CRASS, or anything released on the Crass, or Corpus Christi label, somebody posts the whole thing again within 24 hours. I know this thread was started ten years ago, and I was very disappointed when Steve Ignorant charged $20.00 (U.S.) when The Last Supper toured the U.S. seven or eight years back. (Can't remember exactly when. That was many beers ago)

Have Crass turned into The Clash? Is Steve Ignorant the British Bob Dylan.

Eh, Steve, old boy, what exactly did you mean by "It's not for revolution, it's just for cash"?
    Want to download Crass' back catalog, or anything that was on their labels/ Keep surfing. It's out there. You'll eventually find it.

I have the odd feeling that, no matter how they moan about not getting any money from the people who upload/download their music, they are too busy to be bothered to really track down anybody at this point to persecute/prosecute. Sorry that this site had legal troubles and all, but it probably costs them more money to rack down who's uploading/downloading their material than all the money that they might be losing from people uploading/downloading it already.

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    It would take less time to contact Anarcho-Punk.net and ask us to remove the files, rather than asking your lawyers to send a DMCA takedown notice to Mediafire and prove them you are the legal copyright holder.
    Moreover, real punks will talk with other punks from the scene, and try to have a discussion before calling the fucking cops on them.

There's no excuse for what they did, and they didn't learn anything from their mistakes, they're probably still doing the same thing today.

16. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    Yes, I agree. Crass themselves should've contacted this site with their concerns instead of sicking their lawyers on you. In that respect they were not acting like "Anarchists" but typical rock stars and hypocrites.

But the point I was trying to make is that Anarcho-Punk is not the only site that has uploaded Crass material to file sharing sites for free down loading, and Crass might have realized that it takes time and money to send a legal team acting in their behalf to get their music taken down and deleted. Here, I think we are in agreement.

I've just been surfing the net before replying to this, and I know of one blogspot site that has uploaded just about everything Crass put out (That I'm aware of) and the downloads are still up as of this writing.

The point I was originally trying to make was that as soon as Crass or anybody's music/material/intellectual property is taken down, somebody else will post it again in a different place, but not necessarily, the same file sharing site.

Again, I think we can both agree that the way Crass handled the situation, and the attitude they took make them look like hypocrites.

17. The Hat

May 29, 2019
    FightnorFlight likes this.
  18. 1xAntifa

1xAntifa Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia  Australia
    I've got a complete Crass discography sitting on my hard drive. I'll knock it into shape, zip it, find a host and share the link here on a dedicated thread. If it gets 86'd I'll simply find another host and repeat the process. THAT SHOULD FUCK THEM !!! Keep your eyes open as I'll get it done in the next few weeks. Any helpful suggestions or technical advice would be welcomed, as I'm not the most computer literate of people.

i've also got some stuff by bands related to Crass as well, so let me know and I'll see if I can help out the same way.

19. 1xAntifa

Nov 22, 2019
    Or Nick Cave Dolls by Bongwater.......

20. 1xAntifa

Nov 22, 2019
    Gay and nazi is a contradiction in terms ! That dick Yianopoulos obviously doesn't know of
    Himmler's attitude to Gays i.e race traitors deserving death, or of the Night of Long Knives where Gay old Roehm got the bullet. He's just an Islamophobic, racist, misogynistic knob who thinks that the sexual abuse of children can be pleasurable for them. Hate speech aint free speech EVER !

21 members have read this thread this month

1. JonY
  2. Erroristic-Subculture.com
  3. dirtymind
  4. Noktuurn161
  5. VeganStill
  6. Starfighter
  7. greenman-23
  8. Max Genius
  9. strivets
  10. Mikepunk
  11. A Flip