Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Suicide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XxInGrindWeCrustxX, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    haha, you want to give me a hippie smiley? Aww, for that I'll give you one of these :ecouteurs:

2. Neck Tie Party

Neck Tie Party New Member New Member

Nov 24, 2012

Bit difference between suicide and a suicide bomber. I can see why a kid would become a SB as well.....lots of indoctrination and NO future. Much like the Hashshashin from up in their mountain lairs. A promise of a better life. Not comparable. No grief and intended....hell, maybe that's what you meant by factors/motives.

Anyoo I've thought about it. Who hasn't. Not seriously. No matter how lonely and down I get my ego still imagines a brighter future. It's getting harder as I get older but I carry on. Friend of mine took the plunge off the bridge. Lived. Died in his sleep (well....I imagine he would up...hope not) a few years later. For him the leap was a long time coming as he'd been killing himself for years. Last time I saw him prior to the jump he had a gash from the base of his skull to the middle of his forehead and was drinking a Raineer on 24th and Mission in SF screaming at the Christians to fuck off. SUPER talented individual..of course.

Sorry to get so far off track...but yeah..BIG dif in my mind.

Rip; Life

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Sorry to hear about your friend. I also had a friend in high school who, about a year after finishing high school, I had heard, blew his brains out with an FN rifle while doing his national service. Actually I've known a number of people who've killed themselves since.
    Yes, that's exactly whwt I meant about sinister factors & motives. I think what motivates kids to do these acts, on a very personal level is being subjected to and witnessing the injustice, the killings and humiliations of either their own family members and/or those of their friends' and community on an almost daily basis and feeling powerless to do anything about it. The driving force would be of a range of motivations and emotions ranging from revenge, retaliation, humiliation and altruism.
    Yeah, it's different to "normal" suicide on one level although the feeling of despair could be very similar but I still thought it would be worth mentioning in this thread.

4. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

Yeah I'd say that there's a big difference between SB and suicide. There are serious reason behind both but SB is to further a cause. I can totally see why people engage in SB.
    Suicide can be very selfish IMO but I think it's true what was said earlier that it depends on the situation. One of my good friends in high school killed himself and I thought his choice was really selfish because he had a family and a lot of friends who really cared about him. In this case, he knew that he would really hurt a lot of people.

Everyone obviously has the right to decide when their life ends but I think there's still an accountability for what you leave behind. In my own case I'm very close to my family, feel accountable to them for it and know that I would destroy them if I offed myself. But every situation is different, and yeah it depends on motives.

Like if a small farmer is completely ruined by Monsanto and chooses to shoot them-self outside Mon. HQ in Minnesota, that's not selfish IMO.

5. TheFallen

TheFallen Member New Member

Apr 15, 2013

Some say that suicide is the selfish way. But it isnt. What is selfish is treating someone so badly that they actaully contemplate suicide.

6. Rebellious twit

Rebellious twit Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 21, 2012

I completely disagree with you, You take your own life because you want to end your pain, its selfish by the fact that someone is hurt because of that, maybe your fucked up family or your neighbor hates you, but they are going to live with guilt the rest of their lives, i also see Suicide as a action of cowardice you are fleeing consequencens of your actions, you are too scared to confront the problem.

7. TheFallen

Apr 15, 2013

I completely disagree with you. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. But in my opinion if you were treated so badly that you contemplated suicide or actually did suicide then of course those people are going to feel guit. they are going to feel guilty because maybe they had an impact as to why you did suicide. Not all people that sucide are fleeing consequences for their actions. Maybe they never did anything wrong. Maybe its because of the way that they dress or style their hair. Or because they are just being themselves. In my school i see bullying everday. I am someone that is bulliied. Why? Because i go against the grain. i dress differantly and people arent used to that. being indiviual is one thing. But for someone to give a person so much crap for it is another thing. You shouldnt have to change yourself to be liked. You should be able to be yourself. have your style and not be critised for it. Its not just bullying that would make someone suicide. What if their parents beat them daily? or they had mental problems? their are so many differant reasons as to why someone would want to suicide. I dont condone suicide. But I do think that if someone did suicide i would be asking why they felt like this. and maybe..just maybe it is because they are bullied.

8. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

even if someones parents beats their child, they should seek help if not the indivdual is nothing but a coward not ready to confront the consequences, suicide is never the answer and yes all of us or mostly all of us have been bullied because we think differently or dress differently, point taken but if you complain about being bullied because you look different because of your clothing, i suggest not become a punk then, punk is the spirit of rebellion and we shoulnd't care of intolerant assholes who can't accept our choices.

its like when people cut themselves it's a cry for help, depression
    there is only one solution seek help, there are alot of groups who seek to help people who has suicide thoughts and stuff, i woulndt reconmend a suicide hotline why? because what i have witnessed mostly all of them are assholes, but perhaps on someones school your teacher or somebody else you have a close bond with can help you.

9. TheFallen

Apr 15, 2013

I understand your point. Yeah I am a punk and i dont really give a shit what assholes say about me. But others cant handle it. I have seen it. I am with the spirit of rebellion but also with the music. I understand your point, I am just expressing my point, like others on this site. We are all different. We all have different views. you said "its like people who cut themselves its a cry for help" ... well see i understand that. i would understand it you know and it is a cry for help. Im just saying that I think people that suicide arent cowards. It is also people that arent punk. People that do care what assholes say and it is them people that would take matters into their own hands and suicide. and i understand them. i understand all of it ecspeciaally if it was someone you knew. Like my oldest brother. Lost him to suicide because he wasnt the tough guy. He was insecure and couldnt handle what people said to him. He couldnt handle getting bashed daily by gangs. But yeah, i understand and respect your point. Cheers.

10. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

Well i'm sorry for your loss, my condolences for you :/, My point is proven that he at least had you since you state your opinion like that but i don't know the situation you are in or which one oyur brother was in but he could have confronted the problem.

11. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Wait, what? Cutting is a cry for help? Cutting and self-harm is an obsessive compulsive disorder, if they knew why they were doing it, they probably wouldn`t be doing it.
    And since when are all people that commit suicide bully victims that do it to guilt trip people? In most cases its a very rational action, as morbid as it sounds, it takes a lot of planning. Its not something you just get up and do because someone gave you a funny look for having a mohawk. Living is just something you do instinctively, killing yourself is very very difficult. A big part(I`d say most) of people that commit suicide have serious mental illnesses they are not able to cope with, and there are certain mental illnesses that are near impossible to treat, "treat" basically means finding the right cocktail of drugs to keep you from going psychotic in public.

And its just as selfish to say its selfish. Everything we do can be considered selfish when it comes down to it, that doesn`t even mean anything.
    I know I mentioned it earlier in this threat I think, but you should watch a documentary called the bridge. Its on youtube.

12. Rebellious twit

Jul 21, 2012

Cutting is a cry for help in the case of you want to hurt yourself to make you feel better, by doing physicial pain, its much like a drug addiction causes depression or alcohol for example.

13. TheFallen

Apr 15, 2013

I agree with nclpw about he cutting. Sorry StegoSaurus