Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Shé:kon (hello) from an Indigenous Anarchist living in the occupied territory known as "Canada"

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Skwí:tsi Squidge, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Skwí:tsi Squidge

Skwí:tsi Squidge Member New Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Male , 33 years old
    Kanien'Kehaka Territory  Canada
    Shé:kon Sewakwé:kon (Hello everyone) from a Kanien'keha:ka Anarchist. I am a 22 year old long time punk (long in relation to my short life), long time anarchist, new to this website and new to the wider world of real life organizing and activism in general. I like politically charged Skate-Punk bands like Propagandhi, Anti-Flag, and Good Riddance, and Ska bands like the Suicide Machines, Morning Glory, and Attrocity Solution. I'm a big fan of most things that fall under punk but those are my favourites. I'm interested in getting into more small-time anarchist bands from local scenes around the world with great lyrics about their own struggles against their state and capitalism, as well as getting into more modern Anarchist literature (e.g. stuff that isn't written by 200 year old dead white dudes). In terms of my politics I am very concerned with decolonization and the rights of Indigenous communities to self-determination, as well as other basic stuff like Squatters Rights and the Rights of Workers. I think my political views could be summed up by a type of "Indigenous-Anarcho-Syndicalism" if you want to get oddly specific with labels and strands of Anarchism. I haven't read a ton of theory but I have been influenced in my views by many different authors, including Stirner & Kropotkin (obvs), Rudolf Rocker, Bob Black, Taiaiake Alfred, Emma Goldman, and the lyrics and liner notes of bands like Propagandhi, Anti-Flag, and Crass before they turned shite, as well as conversations with punks, union organizers, and activists. I look forward to interacting with like-minded people here and learning new ways of thinking and organizing around Anarchism and discovering sick new bands. Nyawén:kowa (Thank you very much) for reading. I will leave you with a song from one of my favourite Anti-Fascist Skate-Punk bands from "Toronto Ontario," Lime Ricky - Anti-Fascist Anthem Skennen! (Peace!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I'm late but welcome to the forum! Happy to see more people from Kanien'keha:ka on this forum!
    Big fan of Lime Ricky too, especially this song

3. Skwí:tsi Squidge

Skwí:tsi Squidge Member New Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Male , 33 years old
    Kanien'Kehaka Territory  Canada
    Thank you for the welcome! I should mention though after hearing from other more experienced Kanien'keha:ka, The name Skwí:tsi doesn't actually mean anything in the language, it just phonetically sounds like a nickname I was given in english. "Squidgy" is how it's supposed to sound and assuming you're from Canada and know Lime Ricky, you'll hear my nick name a bit, they're good friends of mine hahaha. Names in Kanien'keha usually have meanings and translations and are given to you by elders (if you're an adult you can ask for specific meanings you'd like), but "Skwí:tsi" would basically just be how our elders would try to spell/pronounce an english nickname. I was just kinda jumping the gun on giving myself a name because fluent elders can sometimes be hard to get a hold of, but hey, we can all learn! :)

9 members have read this thread this month

1. Skwí:tsi Squidge
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. Spike one of many
  4. righteous_slave
  5. ungovernable
  6. copstomp
  7. aint ashamed
  8. Vini
  9. Gwendaël