Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hi everyone !

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by zouabar, Mar 1, 2023.

1. zouabar

zouabar New Member New Member

Mar 1, 2023
    France  France
    I kinda stumbled here out of sheer luck while looking for a download online, I figured introducing myself was the least I could do ?

I'm Zouabar, I'm 24, from France. Pretty new to the punk community to be honest, currently trying to get more involved in my local scene and loving the energy. I don't play any instrument and I know f* all about music beyond my own personal taste but I'm really into making zines and prints as well as other DIY stuff. I'm always down to lend a hand fixing or building something, especially if it's a shared project.

I've been pretty consistently involved politically in student unions and other self-managed political groups in the past few years. I don't suppose I'm well-read enough to adhere to a specific political creed though. I'm still looking into that but I know whom I stand with in solidarity, I think that's a good start.

Essentially that's it, if anybody's got anything to share about getting involved in the punk scene or looking into the theory or history of anarchist movements I'm definitely down to chat ! (Right now, musically into : G.L.O.S.S, Sleaford Mods, NoMeansNo, Limp Wrist and such, if you have recommandations feel free to share those too!)

Cheers !

ungovernable and Starfighter like this.

2. Starfighter

Starfighter d(^_^)b Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male , 38 years old
    Malmö, Sweden  Sweden
    Hello and welcome Zouabar! I don't have anything in particular to say about getting involved in the scene but I do suspect it's a more fun time nowadays than in the 90s. I remember there were so much talk about "real" punk and "poser" punk and all that. It feels like we've moved past that and there's a lot more focus on the positive sides of being a punk.

I love G.L.O.S.S! Haven't heard the other ones so I'm going to check them out later today. :)

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Hi, welcome to the forum!

If you're from France then you will probably also like Pirate-Punk.net, the sister forum of APN! There is also Libertaire.net which is more focused on anarchism in french, and InfoLibertaire.net for the news.

5 members have read this thread this month

1. zouabar
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. Starfighter
  4. ungovernable
  5. Spike one of many