Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Hello!

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Desert Rat, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat New Member New Member

Oct 13, 2023
    Male
    California, United States  United States
    How's it going everyone!? im totally new here but ive been into punk for 20 years at this point and have dove into nearly every sub genre of it. I've mainly stuck with Crust Punk, D-Beat and Crasher Crust. been slowly building up a solid record collection as i catch up to bands i've never been introduced to or discovered so im excited to see what gems i can find on this site as well as meet new like minded people.

2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Hi, Desert Rat.
    Heh, I've just had to look up what crasher crust is. Never heard of the sub-genre though I
    know some of the bands that were listed. Coincidentally I was actually just listening to
    Gloom today. And I see Poikkeus is also one of the bands listed. Really? Poikkeus? That
    surprised me, seriously I had no idea. I always thought they sounded like some of the 80s
    Finnish HC bands like early Kaaos. I've also been collecting but now it's mainly mp3s. I started by re-collecting all the records (which were either lost, stolen or sold) and my tape collection which I can't play anymore and I think I've managed to find pretty much everything I had, as well as new stuff.

3. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Oh, but where are my manners? Happy hunting, hope you find something awesome!

4. SKUD

SKUD Member New Member

Oct 8, 2023
    Male , 29 years old
    Kansas, United States  United States

Spike one of many likes this.
  5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat New Member New Member

Oct 13, 2023
    Male
    California, United States  United States
    yea crasher crust is a sub genre of crust punk that i would say is still very niche. its Very aggressive and noisy. most people even those into punk wouldnt be into it right away. i know i didnt but eventually i really dove into it and by far has been one of my favorite sub genres of punk. sorry to hear about your records. i hope the recollecting goes well! happy hunting.

Spike one of many likes this.
  6. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I didn't mean I don't like it, I'm familiar with some of those bands, I just didn't know it was a new sub-genre :)
    Thanks, mate. Yep, I've got pretty much everything back that I lost.

7 members have read this thread this month

1. Desert Rat
  2. Spike one of many
  3. Charger Bullet
  4. Rune
  5. pieterdauds
  6. SKUD
  7. Starfighter