Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Greetings from the Driftless Bioregion of the Americas.

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Hugh Mungus-Fungus, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Hugh Mungus-Fungus

Hugh Mungus-Fungus New Member New Member

Apr 28, 2023
    Male
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Native Chicagoan. Currently living in rural northwest Illinois. Blue-collar upbringing. Still struggling but still active politically as well out here. Assisted in the defeat of the proposed construction of a huge dairy CAFO. Animal rights activist. Anarcho-something. (I'm basically a political misfit and cultural rebel of some sort.) Wildlife rehabber and rescuer. Vegetarian with vegan aspirations. Strongly influenced by the writings of Kropotkin, Christopher Lasch, Charles Taylor, Alasdair MacIntyre and the Frankfurt School. Blogger and LTE scribbler. Musical tastes are evolving. Still a Crasshole at heart but I listen to a very wide variety of music.

Enough for now.

2. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    Howdy - I grew up in Peoria. Now living in southern California. Not saying I think this place is better, just sharing.
    Last I knew Champaign had a decent scene. Chicago has always been Chicago - good and bad.
    Peace -divot-

Hugh Mungus-Fungus likes this.
  3. Hugh Mungus-Fungus

Hugh Mungus-Fungus New Member New Member

Apr 28, 2023
    Male
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Greetings! Thanks for reaching out. Peoria, huh? Did you know the Steppe brothers? They were members of Negative Element. Relocated from the 'burbs to Peoria. I lived in Champaign-Urbana for about a year, way back in the mid-eighties. The scene was just getting going. The potential seemed to be there. #fightwarnotwars

6 members have read this thread this month

1. Hugh Mungus-Fungus
  2. Victor1312
  3. Charger Bullet
  4. divotfreely
  5. Claire
  6. meemaw