Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Firs post

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Ciberbitch, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Ciberbitch

Ciberbitch Member Forum Member

Nov 13, 2023
    Female
    Tel aviv, Israel  Israel
    Good mornig everybody
    I want to share with you my toughts
    first of all i come hare by exident. I was just looking for an old russian site with lots of punk music(i think its dead :/ ) but than i saw the forum and it made me think about the punk / anarchist movment and about that i dont see punks on the streets anymore, i dont hear punk music out of cars, radio, tv , pc .. whatever
    I mean i live in israel (hell) it was always weak over hare .. most of the people iknow from the scene left the country or the scene it self.. what im trying to ask is, is that just my subictive feeling or is thare a decay of punk movment world wide
    And if it dos what is the resons ?

Rune likes this.

2. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Hi Ciberbitch. I can't really answer your question truthfully cos I don't have statistics. Right now I can only speak about Cape Town where I'm living now. There is still a small punk scene here with occasional gigs and stuff but the problem is probably the same as in Israel - not many punk bands come here from oversees cos it's so far away from the main centres. I don't see any street punks in town anymore. I think we were the only "street punks" (not strictly in the street punk music sense but in the hanging around town sense) that ever existed in Cape Town, at the hight there were maybe 20 of us.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here. Do you mind if I ask you some questions? What's it like as a punk in Israel (I'm mainly talking before the war, well... between the wars), do/ did you get harassed by the cops? Or by other groups, like settlers, etc?

And how is the situation now? Is the population polarized by the situation in Gaza or are people too scared to speak out? I hope you don't mind, I don't mean to put you on the spot or anything.

3. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    It's me again. You might not be able to answer some of those questions so feel free to ignore them. We don't have to talk about politics just because you're from Israel. I still appreciate you being here. I am quite curious about the punk question though :)

4. Ciberbitch

Nov 13, 2023
    Female
    Tel aviv, Israel  Israel
    Hi spike first of all its inspairing that the punk is alive world wide
    Well what can i say about punk in israel .. it was fun and funny
    I see the israeli punk scene 2 periods the 90s period and the 2000s
    In the first period before the internet, there was some unknown sceane that visualy looked like punks listen to music thet was popular in the late 80s and there ware 2 clubs ( legendery in a way) that conteintd this type of people
    The second periode was real punk movment (i was part of it) the cumnity was realy big and it spreded al over the county .. there was at list one punk in a medium ar small city. Every weekend the punks ware gethering in tel aviv on dizingof Square. Drinking vodka horasing insent people. It was the time befor the internet so we had a ‏big stereo system we were plugging it in to the electricity ‏that is mostly used for other stuff I don't remember what but it was something that was in the service of the city we ware living in squates, people war afraid of us becouse of the looks :)))

Listen my english is not that good so it takes me time to answer i starded to replay alredy yesteday buy i got high and tired (weed)
    Dont have a problem to shere with you this things
    Soon i reply to the other qustions
    Sorry if i have gramer mistakes :)))

Spike one of many likes this.
  5. Ciberbitch

Nov 13, 2023
    Female
    Tel aviv, Israel  Israel
    Being a punk in israel is kind of funny becouse the people over hare just dont even know the differnce between a punk a emo a goth or a havvy metal guy .... they call us rockers )))) but in are days its verry unusule to see a person like that on the streets .. there are severl reasons for that.people grow up, some of them left the country and also i blame the internet for that (but i leave it for a saparate post)
    About police violence i can say that the police over hare is not thet brutal like you can see in europe demostrations but they have bin brutle if they had a mission to throw us from a squad... but we allways came back )) the police in israel is mostly lazy it makes things easy
    We are liveing mostly libiral life no metter there are bombs sometimes or some time some one shooting in the street or stabing

About the situation with gaza strip .. well first of all it sucks becouse people and animols dieing. i live in the center of the country so i dont suffer the rockets most of the time
    I know people from gaza i know israeli arabs this people are just l like others.
    Over hare army is part of life of almost every 18 years girl or guy go because thare is a law that says that you have to go (olso a factor that influanced on the punk colture in israel) i my self didnt go i menaged to get an exemption... anyway the fact the most of the citizens have some army expriance makes us more militant in a way. Most of the peole in israel are ok with the 2 state agreement we dont want war becase it take the money it makes us strasful it influensing the reletionship with israeli arabs that idinfy them self as israeli palestinas. but the real problem with the palestinians is that they want palastine to be from the river to the sea .. it means no israel
    The funny thing about polaristaion is that before the october the 7 we ware polarised as hell!!! Pro goverment anti govement blah blah bulshit , every week a demonstation all over the country and than the hamas (idiots) killed 1400 people in one day so every body forgot about everything and just ware in shock. After a week the army started to call the reserve soldiers to come and prepare for a fight.
    Dont know what will be next hope the terorists die and palastine be free from terror and they will build a las vegas (its iligal to bat in israel) over there and we will come to wisit them and they us .. there is a rail way that go from egypt to palastime thrugh israel to lebanon , but it dont work olmost 100 years maybe one day it will work again

Spike one of many likes this.
  6. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Thanks! I'll first reply to your first post and later (maybe tomorrow) to your second post. At 18:00 pm we're going to have a 2 hour power outage (a blackout). We have these scheduled power cuts here because 1) the idiots who run the power generating plant never knew they had to do any maintanance on the plant. 2) Due to corruption and criminal syndicates billions of Rands (our currency) are stolen every month and the plants are sabotaged by the syndicates so that they can get contracts.

Ok, now to the reply:
    Harassing innocent people lol. Yeah, we also used to drink alcohol in public but you had to be wise about it, like concealing the bottle and we had to keep a lookout for the cops because they were constantly harassing us, like telling us to move and stop loitering. So we'd just move to another place until they or other cops showed up again. But we gave the cops shit, like greeting them with the middle finger. If we got tired of it we would just go to the city park cos they couldn't chase us away from there.

No don't worry about that, I promise you I can understand every word you wrote. And anyway I prefer it raw and genuine rather than coming out of google translate :)
    Thanks for your reply on those questions. I've read everything and again, understood every word :) and I'll definitely reply tomorrow.

7. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I almost forgot, I wanted to show you this: It's from the blog hardcore punk It's a counter that shows you how many people visit that site from different countries. It's no indicator for the amount of punks wordwide but it gives you a good idea of the distribution of punks:
    [​IMG]
    and aslo check this out: Flag Counter » Overview

Damn the image didn't show but you can see the flag counter on his website if you scroll down a bit.

8. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Hi, Ciberbitch. As promised here's my reply. It won't be as comprehensive as your post, I'll just pick up on a couple of points you mentioned.
    Yes, I would like to hear your ideas on that some time.

Concerning the situation in Gaza, I did ask you about it and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and I think we're in agreement on that. Going forward though (I know I'm the instigator :p) I'd rather not discuss politics with you. You didn't say anything wrong but I'd just rather not. Anyway there are so many other things to talk about :)

By the way, you said in your first post that you were looking for an old russian blog that doesn't exist anymore, I assume you were looking to download russian punk (duh!)
    This might interest you: https://www.anarcho-punk.net/threads/v-a-punks-against-war-180-band-from-russia-2023 .28576/
    I can also give you some links to blogs that have some russian punk for download (working links). Let me know!

EDIT: Oh, and please, don't turn the Gaza strip into a Las Vegas strip ;)

Ciberbitch likes this.

10 members have read this thread this month

1. Ciberbitch
  2. Rune
  3. Starfighter
  4. Spike one of many
  5. Charger Bullet
  6. aint ashamed
  7. Frankiepointless
  8. shilohlikeilo
  9. Pogotillyoudrop77
  10. imm_nott_realll