Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Dwnloaded Music Not Showing Up in My Media Player Library

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

In the past, I was able to extract files that I downloaded and they would be in my media player library. Now when I do it, nothing shows up. Are there any reasons that anyone can think of about why this is happening? Thanks.

2. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Dunno, we use VLC-player or Foobar 2000, mediaplayer is much too curious to be comfortable, userdata doesn't have to be collected and send off without agreement, MS doesn't have to know everything.
    What kinda Windows do you use?

3. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

Windows Vista I think

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Javier download the free VLC player and disable your WMP it really kicks ass and is open ended software like gobble I highly recommend it...

5. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Well, we still use xp around here, so I'll have to look for reports that mediaplayer uses some kind of tool to check digital rights (management), or legal "certification" maybe you caught it with some "automatic updates" because it worked before - but anyhow I recommend strongly to use another program for music and vids - because this one is only part of the ms-menace:
    http://www.networkworld.com/community/b ... users-free :o