Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Crust/HxC scene in the Netherlands ?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Chris Meitanis, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Chris Meitanis

Chris Meitanis Member Forum Member

Dec 13, 2022
    Male , 17 years old
    Athens,Greece  Greece
    I'm gonna be moving to the Netherlands next year for my studies. Is there a Crust or Hardcore scene there ? Are there a lot of musicians, venues, DIY concerts and things like that or is the place dead? I would also like to start a band when I move there if anyone cares. Thanks.

Dacifer likes this.

2. Dacifer

Dacifer New Member New Member

Oct 23, 2023
    Riga, Latvia  Latvia
    I've done a bit of research into the scene and it's for sure there, there are some hardcore groups like Mornington Crescent, Bloedbad, Helmettes....
    For some crust based punk, I didn't go too in depth but there's Makiladoras (some of its genres are more like speed/thrash/crust/metal so yeah), cunt inferno (bm with crust), black decades (also bm with crust), Radeloos///Ziedend (again, bm with crust) Villainy (thrash/crust), Jesus Cröst (crust earlier then grindcore i think), Defy the Curse (death/crust, plus active),
    Kingdom of Genocide (Death Metal/Hardcore/Crust) and yeah
    I can't say much about the scene because I don't know much about it. In terms of if there are musicians, venues etc.... from what i saw... there's quite a bit of a punk scene not sure on how active it is but im sure that it is to an extent. I wasn't able to find a whole lot of venues but there are some.
    Hopefully that helps best of luck!

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    Dacifer and Chris Meitanis like this.

6 members have read this thread this month

1. Chris Meitanis
  2. Rune
  3. Charger Bullet
  4. Dacifer
  5. Spike one of many
  6. aint ashamed