Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Anyone else noticing the lack of punk/hardcore tabs online compared to metal?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by leather and studs, Mar 12, 2022.

1. leather and studs

leather and studs Member New Member

Nov 21, 2021
    Male
    Indiana, United States  United States
    I've been noticing on websites like Ultimate Guitar and Songsterr that punk and hardcore tabs are a lot harder to come by than metal tabs. Even a genre like black metal, which is supposed to be underground and obscure, seems to have way more people tabbing that music than punk/hardcore. I know punk is generally easier to play and simpler compared to metal, but I don't always have the time or patience to figure the songs out. And trying to figure out the riffs over the vocals and other instruments playing isn't as easy as it sounds, even for simple punk riffs. To me, the fact that there are more metal tabs online compared to punk and hardcore says that metal is more popular. Which is good in a way because it prevents punk from being commercialized to the extent that metal is, but it would be nice if there were more punk/hardcore tabs online. How do you feel about this?

5 members have read this thread this month

1. leather and studs
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. aint ashamed
  4. VogelFrei
  5. Nightbreed