Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Video Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anxiety69, Dec 8, 2009.

1. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Since I beat Borderlands I've been jonesing for another really great game to get sucked into. I definitely plan on picking up Final Fantasy 13 which is hopefully better than 12. I also want to check out Bad Company 2 and Bioshock. As for upcoming titles I'm most excited about Halo: Reach, and I can't fucking wait for Fallout: New Vegas.

2. AnarcoPunk43

AnarcoPunk43 Member Forum Member

Feb 13, 2010

but i need some games for xbox dude, sry, didnt said that, well, if u know some punk games for xbox 360, tell me xD
    txs

3. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

Oh yeah and whoever said they played Fallout: BOS for PS2..... that piece of shit doesn't deserve to exist, they should burn every last copy of it. Fallout 1, and 2, and Tactics (for that matter) on the other hand...
    Fallout 1 and 2 would definately be in my top 10, probably top 5.

Another favorite of mine is System Shock 2 (PC), along with Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64) and Half-life 1 (PC).

And this is coming out sometime soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoteS17NnGE

4. MaxMurder

MaxMurder Member New Member

Mar 12, 2010

red faction is pretty hardcore

5. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i just bouight devil may cry for the old ps2.. .anyone played it?

6. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

I own Left 4 Dead 2 and in one of the levels there is a garden gnome named "Gnome Chompski", thought that would tickle you anarchist folk q:

7. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

i dont really have money for games but i got a ps3 and i got call of duty modern warfare 2...its the only game i have so i just play it online for hours and hours...

games i would liek to play are
    alien vs predater
    bioshock 2
    new splinter cell game (i fuckign love those games!!!)

if any one has ps3 feel free to add me up i am......rude-boy_lz

8. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

u like sci fi and video games, i sure hope ya gonna do some readin of the other kind or will not b so kind to answer questions that can filled in by basic info elsewhere, u may have to go out for abit though huha.

9. Milan

Milan Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 13, 2010

I am clearly not the only one around here,

but I like to play the kind of "freedom" fighting factions in westwood games
    (The Brotherhood of NOD sort of factions)
    and Borderlands, the graphical style is amazing,
    really a game to get sucked into!

I am not a real gamer sort of person,
    but there's nothing wrong with it I think=)

10. upzpunx!

upzpunx! Active Member Forum Member

Dec 23, 2009

i like grand theft auto i get to kill a bunch of cops without getting arested

11. Valsira

Valsira Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 14, 2009

@ Anxiety: I kind of figured that talking about what RPGs people play didn't quite fit into a topic about the social ramifications of video games, particularly as tabletop RPGs aren't video games.

While I'm here though you might be interested in reading this, it's a blog post from this gaming website I visit about war games and violence in video games in general. I thought it was an interesting post anyway.

12. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yup fallout3 was really great, i played it a couple of time and i always restart playing even after having beaten the game..

yeah gonna be awesome, by the producers of GTA

i'm a big fan of computers real time strategies games and i used to be addicted to diablo2... now i bought a ps3 so i play pretty much everything...

but this topic really has nothing to do in the "general political debates" category...

13. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    sorry i associate rpgs with video games nowadays, and this thread is for any discussion period on video games, and one thread on APN about them should be plenty.

14. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Shit Fallout 3 (with all DLC), Oblivion, Diablo 2, and Mount & Blade: Warband are the best games in history, yes gentlemen even better than the Mario clones and Pacman.

I played Fallout 3 for 3-4 months (really) without finishing it, just... Adventuring, questing, wandering. The games boring without the DLCs, since it practically just ends without Broken Steel.

Oblivion for 2 months, mostly stealing and building up my mansion with assorted loot.

Diablo 2... The game speaks for itself.

Mount & Blade: Warband = Epic

And yes, I could call myself somewhat of a gamer.

15. Valsira

Dec 14, 2009

All right, sweet as.

Ha, yeah I spent a few months playing Oblivion as well, didn't get as much into Fallout 3 though, although I don't have the DLC for that. I think 'cause it didn't have any equivalent to Oblivion's guilds, there wasn't really as much of a motivating factor to keep playing. The Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion are fuckin' awesome.

I'd be keen to check out Red Dead Redemption as well, it's getting rave reviews. Can't really afford any new games atm though.

Also really looking foward to Civ V coming out later this year. Always been one of my favourite video game series.

16. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

The Dark Brotherhood's quest-line is just epic, ironic, and I never expected that. I bit my nails through it. Fallout 3 is better than Oblivion when it comes to adventuring, finding scorched skeletons with a note near them, finding a dead Wastelander with a rifle behind sandbags and a bunch of Super Mutants lay dead near him, exploring the Wasteland, and pretty much everything is awesome about it.

Well you should visit here some time, any game is around 2-3$ on DVD which is sold in stores. (Pirated) So I get to play loads of games, which is fun.

I actually stopped keeping track of near-release games, but there's Allen Wake, Diablo 3, and some other games which I do not remember. Oh and Dragon Age: Origins is awesome too.

17. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    been replaying Gothic II for the last month or so... wow what a frickin long game it is (with the expansion) but it has such a good story and so much to do it keeps me coming back... probably one of the longest single player rpgs ever (though not as long as the Elder Scrolls games, from what ive heard, i dont have the patience for those.)

18. Valsira

Dec 14, 2009

Haha, shit, if games were that cheap here I'd probably do nothing else with my time :p

Fuck yeah, I love DA: O. Played it through twice consecutively when I first got it. I've always been a fan of BioWare RPGs since BG1 so I was really looking foward to it.

If you just play through the main story line the Elder Scrolls games can be incredibly short. But you wouldn't want to do that, the story is the biggest weakness of those games imo (well, Oblivion at least, I never got into Morrowind so I don't know about that).

19. ghoul

ghoul Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2010

This thread made my stomach hurt from laughing. It's probably just me but I find it hilarious that you'd be talking about buying products from such evil multi-national corporations such as Sony and Mircosoft. Damn you capitalism and your sweet, sweet escapist bliss that is video games!!

Seriously though, I love video games. While we probably won't see eye to eye on most political issues we can agree on this much. Right now I'm playing Company of Heroes (I do love to blow up Nazis), Left 4 Dead 2, Fallout 3, Civ 4, Civ 4 Colonization, Dawn of War 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 and World of Goo.

20. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    i buy everything used, so im supproting ebay sellers, yahoo sellers, and gamestop corporations :)