Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Condemned 84

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by trevor9849, Jan 27, 2011.

1. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

Are they nazis?

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Condemned 84 is fucking shitty RAC bullshit, the singer is an ex nazi i think, but now they defend themselves of being racist "the only colour we hate is red"... Well fuck them, they keep playing shows with nationalist-skinheads bands all the time, they are friend with nazi bands, and they're one of the biggest RAC band.... They're typically right wing, they sing about death penalty, they support war, they're nationalist, etc....
    Oh and RAC (rock against communism) is the right wing's answer to RAR (rock against racism), most of RAC bands are white power.

Knuckle Noise likes this.
  3. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  4. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    For years folks in the Oi! scene have debated the fencewalking status of the UK Oi! band Condemned 84. Not any more. During the weekend of July 21-22, 2001 GMM Records [held] its annual Beer Olympics at the Masquerade in Atlanta. Slated to perform [were] the Anti-Heroes (whose lead singer owns GMM Records), Agnostic Front, the Krays, and others. Also among the performers [were] the Templars and Oxblood. The drummer for the Templars and Oxblood is black, and the lead singer for Oxblood is also black. This didn’t sit too well with Condemned 84 apparently, and on GMM’s website, this appeared:

GMM regrets to inform its supporters that Condemned 84 will not be appearing [in] the GMM Beer Olympics. C-84 has opted not to perform due to the fact that two bands who have African-American members would be performing on the same stage. We are shocked to hear that one of our bands would take this racist outlook in this day and age. We at GMM are also shocked that a band that we have invested time and money [in] in the past would come out and embarrass us with this statement.

GMM and its bands are strongly anti-racist and we hope our supporters are as well. We hope you will still make a strong showing at the GMM Beer Olympics to support our great acts like Pressure Point, the Templars, the Anti-Heroes and all the other acts.‘

5. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

It's good to see that the record company was proactive and distanced themselves from the racist actions of the band

6. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

I remember when that went down. I was still a skinhead, and had just gotten out of my own white power phase.

Now I've heard the 4 skins have headed the same way, which broke my heart as they were always my favorite Oi! band.

7. Amebisque

Amebisque Member Forum Member

Jan 26, 2011

Wow really the 4 Skins i always thought they didnt care about politics , I remeber I was at Oi fest one year and i met their bass player and we joked about gay nazis. My redskin friend is not gonna like this one bit.

8. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

Glad I know, I was unsure before. I'm kinda dissapointed because I actually liked their song We Will Never Let You Down... Oh well, the songs not that good anyway. So what I'm getting to is... They're Nazis, fuck em.

9. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Their new album is about immigrants, war etc. Although they were good at the beginning, fuck 'em now

10. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    4 skins was always a shitty band, they were always very patriot, close of the RAC scene, they had a member of Combat 84 in their band, etc.... Not surprising they're turning far-right.

See here for more infos about the 4-skins:
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4684

11. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

This is condemned 84 - 1989 on the cover of their Link Records "Live n Loud" LP:
    [​IMG]
    Now here's Cliff Worby in 1993 sieg-heiling at a Pulaski, TN Ku Klux Klan rally. Not the type of place a British guy would wander into by accident. Note the white power cross he's got on his bomber as well.
    [​IMG]
    (The Klan was founded 1864 in pulaski, the town is named after a hero of the american independence war...)
    In an interview for the german right wing 'zine "war on the terraces # 1" 1989 he gave statements like this:
    "The band isn't political - the band members are..."
    (For the german readers:
    http://oireszene.blogsport.de/2009/11/0 ... ned-84-ua/)

Actually they are on the german right wing/grey zone label rock-o-rama (self proclaimed online shop for RAC):
    "Condemned 84 belongs without a doubt to the top-3 of the eternal best-of-list of patriotic bands from the isle..." :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

12. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yeah rock-o-rama is a shity label full of white power bands...

13. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

... they offer nothing but "patriotic" shit - and I was a bit surprised that the label managed to appear in the reports of the federal office for the protection of the constitution in germoney - because of their important role in the production and international distribution of mostly illegal fascist bands.
    Herbert Egoldt died in november 2005 (heart attack...) and hell broke loose about the dunghill of legal rights on already indexed productions - too bad that the english wikipedia article lacks the details of the german one.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-O-Rama - german only with the labels history from the early 80's on
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-O-Rama

14. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

Discography prior to introducing Nazi bands on the label

RRR 0801 Vomit Visions Punks Are The Old Farts Of Today 7-inch EP 1980
    RRR 45000 The Razors Low Down Kids 7-inch EP 1980
    RRR 80000 The Razors Razors LP 1980
    RRR 4 O.H.L. O.H.L. 7-inch EP 1981
    RRR 5 O.H.L. Live EP 7-inch EP 1981
    RRR 6 O.H.L. Heimatfront LP 1981
    RRR 7 Cotzbrocken Jedem Das Seine… LP 1981
    RRR 8 V/A Die Deutschen Kommen LP 1982
    RRR 9 Der Fluch Der Fluch LP 1982
    RRR 10 Stress Stress LP 1982
    RRR 11 Der Fluch Die Gesandten des Grauens 12-inch EP 1982
    RRR 12 O.H.L. 1000 Kreuze LP 1982
    RRR 13 Chaos Z Ohne Gnade LP 1982
    RRR 14 B. Trug Lieber Schwierig Als Schmierig LP 1982
    RRR 15 Die Alliierten Ruhm und Ehre LP 1982
    RRR 16 O.H.L. Oktoberrevolution Mini LP 1983
    RRR 17 The Skeptix So The Youth LP 1983
    RRR 18 O.H.L. Verbannte Erde LP 1983
    RRR 19 The Skeptix / O.H.L. The Kids Are United 7-inch EP 1983
    RRR 20 Stosstrupp Wie lang noch… LP 1983
    RRR 21 Stosstrupp Kein Schöner Land 7-inch EP 1983
    RRR 22 Vorkriegsphase Auf in Den Tod LP 1983
    RRR 23 Vorkriegsphase Scheiss Krieg 7-inch EP 1983
    RRR 24 M.A.F. Hau Ab… LP 1983
    RRR 25 Brutal Verschimmelt Brutal Verschimmelt LP 1983
    RRR 26 Appendix Money Is Not My Currency! LP 1983
    RRR 27 Riistetyt As A Prisoner of State LP 1983
    RRR 28 Terveet Kädet Halloween LP 1983
    RRR 29 Bastards Siberian Hardcore LP 1984
    RRR 30 The Nikoteens Aloah-Oehh LP 1983
    RRR 31 Destrucktions Vox Populi LP 1983
    RRR 32 Kansan Uutiset Beautiful Dreams LP 1983
    RRR 33 The Insane Live unreleased ????
    RRR 34 Riistetyt Nightmares in Darkness LP 1983
    RRR 35 Combat 84 Send in the Marines! LP 1984
    RRR 36 Terveet Kädet Black God LP 1984
    RRR 37 Appendix Top of the Pops LP 1984
    RRR 38 Siste Dagers Helvete The Hell LP 1984
    RRR 39 V/A Live Im Stollwerk unreleased ????
    RRR 40 Böhse Onkelz Der Nette Mann LP 1984
    RRR 41 V/A Finnish Spunk: Hard Beat LP 1984
    RRR 42 V/A Propaganda Live LP 1984
    RRR 43 Body Checks Tätowiert und Kahlgeschoren LP 1984
    RRR 44 Riistetyt Raped Future (Raiskattu Tulevaisuus) LP 1984
    RRR 45 Vaurio A Shout from the Night LP 1984

With the exception of Combat 84, the bands featured are anti-racist

15. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    No shit kaaos-82... think i didn't know that already ?

it doesn't change anything to what i have said.... this label is full of shitty white power band, therefore it sucks. I already checked out that discography long time ago.

I don't even understand why you put that into the debate... When condemned 84 went on rock-o-rama, they were already publishing tons of nazi bands.. But when Riisteyt was on Rock-o-rama, they had not published white power bands yet.

16. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

yes i know, i was merely clearing it up for the ill informed. stop being so hostile you big baby

17. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

From the german rock-o-rama article:
    "Bis 1984 erschienen bei Rock-O-Rama rund 50 Punkalben und einige wenige 7"-EPs, darunter einige, die heute als Klassiker gelten. Charakteristisch für die Labelveröffentlichungen war der dürftige Klang, für den Egoldt als Produzent verantwortlich war.
    Von Anfang an hatte Rock-O-Rama einen schlechten Ruf. Beispielsweise schrieb Chaos Z-Sänger Andreas Löhr in der Biographie für die Doppel-LP/-CD Dunkle Straßen: „Das Label blieb für uns immer eine Art Phantom - nur, dass die Nachrichten über dieses Haus immer bedenklicher wurden“. Die militaristisch geprägten Schallplattencover von Gruppen wie OHL, Samplertitel wie „Die Deutschen kommen“ (mit einem Wehrmachtssoldaten auf dem Cover) sowie die kontrovers aufgefassten Texte von OHL und Cotzbrocken taten ihr übriges, um diesen Ruf zu untermauern."

reads (fast translation by me):
    Until 1984 around 50 albums and a few 7"-eps were released by rock-o-rama, some of these are still regarded as classics. But the scanty/sparse sound was characteristic for these label releases, Egold was liable for this as the producer.
    From the beginning on rock-o-rama had a bad reputation, Chaos-Z-singer Andreas Löhr for example wrote: "To us, the label remained forever as a kind of a phantom, only the news about this company were getting more and more alarming/dubious/questionable" (Biograhy for the "Dunkle Strassen"-lp/cd).
    The militaristic looking album covers of bands like OHL, the title of samplers like "Die Deutschen kommen" (The germans are coming) with a german nazi-soldier on the cover and the controversially recepted lyrics did theirs to reinforce this bad reputation."

"m Jahre 1990 wurden einige alte Punkplatten nachgepresst, wogegen die (zumeist bereits aufgelösten) Gruppen nicht vorgehen konnten, da alle Rechte bei Rock-O-Rama bzw. Herbert Egoldt lagen. Auf den Werbebeilagen dieser Nachpressungen sind Coverabbildungen von Punkplatten neben denen neonazistischer Gruppen zu sehen, was vermuten lässt, dass Egoldt weniger an politischer Ausrichtung, sondern mehr an Profit interessiert war."

"1990 some old punk albums were re-released, the bands (mostly already split up) could not oppose this legally because the rights were at rock-o-rama or egoldt. On the advertising supplements of these re-releases are the covers of punk albums shown - side by side with those of neo-nutzy Bands - this makes it assumable that Egoldt was less interested in political alignment but much more on profits only."

RRR 40 Böhse Onkelz Der Nette Mann LP 1984:
    "1986 wurden die Behörden auf die Umtriebe des Labels aufmerksam und indizierten das Album Der nette Mann der Böhsen Onkelz. Von den englischen Rechtsrock-Alben, u.a. von Skrewdriver und Brutal Attack, wurden keine indiziert. Dagegen richteten sich Indizierungen auch gegen die Punkbands OHL und Cotzbrocken, die eine rechtsextreme Gesinnung immer verneinten, sowie die Skinhead-Gruppe Body Checks."

"1986 the (german) authorities became aware of the labels doings and put the album "der nette mann" (the nice man) of the böhsen onkelz on the index. None of the english right-rock albums - like skrewdrivers or brutal attacks - were indexed/censored. In contrast to this, bands like OHL and Cotzbrocken, who constantly denied any rightwing attitudes were censored along with the skinhead-band Body Checks."

18. KAAOS-82

Jul 13, 2010

many thanks for that vAss.

19. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

Don't mention, I'm just compensating my pure hatred for those fucks running the label and still abusing the little fame resulting from egoldt's early punk-rip off business that turned so completely against the german scene at the first opportunity to make more profits by jumping on the nutzis train.
    Gobbledigooks and our lone local anarcho skin almost lost their brains trying to organize a boycott of rock-o-rama, 4skins and condemned 84 in munich - always against the "but look what they did before 1984" argument.
    Lots of kids still fall for rock-o-rama shit and spread it because they don't know about the mess behind it.
    Guess I'll catch one of our irish guest to translate the german article more adequat...

20. redken

redken New Member New Member

Aug 4, 2011

This is an old statement put out by GMM - Because he hadnt played their flights & needed to cover his arse -cos there was gonna be a riot - -Condemned 84 also recently played with Oxblood in NY & are playing with the Templars soon - this is old bullshit- my best mate knocks around with them & they recently played with the beat - get some facts on ere.