Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

worshipping satan is just as stupid as worshipping god

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slother, Jan 6, 2012.

1. slother

slother Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 27, 2011

I get sick of people saying they dont believe in religion and then talking about worshiping satan for shock value. In my opinion satanism is just as dumb as christianity or any other religion. In fact in order for there to ba a satan there has to be a god so their pretty much in the same boat as christians. Its still believing in a mythical magical being thats underground instead of in the sky. stupid

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Well yeah... :ecouteurs:

3. (Filipe)

(Filipe) Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

worship seitan

4. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, Satanism makes a good laugh though.

5. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

There is a lot of stupid people in the world, init.

6. JaneLane

JaneLane Member Forum Member

Jan 7, 2012

Slother: I agree, it actually reminds me of a picture I saw once.
    "Worship SATIN" followed by a pentagram
    I had a good chuckle
    Worshipping Satin > Worshipping Satan.

7. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

My mates' old squat, East View House, used to have some graffiti in felt-tipped pen on the back wall of one room that read:

ALL HAIL SKATAN

And I've gotta say, worshipping at the First Church of Skatan is the closest I will ever get to worshipping the big red guy... Unless by "big red guy", we're talking Santa. Santa is greater than Satan.

8. The Freakboi

The Freakboi Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 8, 2011

I've spoken to a few people who identify as Satanist and, from what I can gather, most Satanists don't actually believe in or worship Satan at all, in fact they are often atheist/humanists. The term "Satanism" or "church of Satan" was adopted because that's what Christian groups started calling them. They adopted the term as sort of a "fuck you" to Christianity because it takes away the power of their accusation.

9. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

ALL HAIL SANTA!
    [​IMG]

10. WhatWeWantIsFreeWhatWeWant

WhatWeWantIsFreeWhatWeWant New Member New Member

Jan 5, 2012

Now that I think about it, I have never seen God and Satan in the same place at the same time. Maybe these Satanists are on to something. I'll ask Buddha and Sea-Man the next time I see them at the super best friends club. :ecouteurs:

11. SOADcore

SOADcore Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

12. slother

Dec 27, 2011

13. Police Bastard

Police Bastard Member Forum Member

Oct 15, 2009

But it's not an institute of fear like regular churches are. There are no punishments to control and "do what thou will" is their motto. There is no deity to worship other than yourself. They pretty much exemplify the "No gods no masters" way of life. Therefore I don't find LaVeyan satanism to be as stupid. Also they call themselves Satanists because the literal translation of Satan is "Adversary" and they view themselves as adversary's of any religion or way of life that seeks to enslave/control people.

Sounds pretty anarchist to me.

It's not for me but I have no issues with this brand of Satanism... Now those black metal kids rock the sillier version of it if they aren't too busy running their Nazi errands. :lmao:

edited for typos

14. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

[​IMG]

15. slother

Dec 27, 2011

"On Walpurgisnacht of 1966, Anton LaVey began the Church of Satan. Beforehand, he had given lectures from his home, the infamous Black House, charging two dollars for admittance. He formed a "Magic Circle" with his closest associates. It was soon suggested to LaVey that he had enough material to start an organized religion."
    I dont see why anyone would need a religion to denounce other religions or to "worship themselves." seems kinda pointless but your right i guess i was wrong about it being as bad as christianity and thanks for posting the link cause i didnt even know about that kind of satanism

16. Riton delmar

Riton delmar Member New Member

Jan 8, 2012

worshing satan ...
    It is very very stupid.. it is the uttmost expression of stupidity!

and gets you nowhere. It is for empty people. i mean emotionnally empty people.

what is it suppose to mean?
    killing people,
    raping kids
    what else?
    cutting my balls? you dare motherfucker satanist!

maybe churches sucks... yeah probably. Ego construction.

But do you know Cameron Macauley
    The Boy Who Lived Before ?

Jesus, buddha, krishna, the yogis, they all tell you about reincarnation.
    Check out what doctors tell you about NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE
    Check out the millions of books also talking about WEIRD experience under hipnosis
    Check out also what some yogis are able to do...

17. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Uhm not at all, they advocate selfishness to the tenth degree.....sounds very un-anarchist to me.

Read LaVey's Black Bible some day and you'll see what I mean.

18. Police Bastard

Oct 15, 2009

I have read it and I didn't take it as selfishness as much as self fullfillment. They do not advocate taking from or harming others unless it is in retaliation for something said person has done to you. I am good with that.

Also...Slother they only got church status to keep from paying taxes and to make xtian churches angry. Mostly for the taxes though. Another point about them which is cool with me.

19. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

It is a selfish belief system indeed; venerating yourself as a god? I'd rather just believe in doing the right thing... They say so much stuff about following your desires, fulfilling your whims etc which is just hedonistic garbage.

20. Police Bastard

Oct 15, 2009

Not a literal god. Geez you guys are almost as bad as christians when it comes to taking things way too literally.