Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Why do Anarchists hate cops?

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Probe, Mar 16, 2010.

1. nike

nike Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 19, 2011

please do me one favor:
    get a good history book about german history between 1925 and 1945, read it and think about it and stop make me getting dizzy with your more than naive ideals of "peaceful" martyrdom and poo-bears view on the realities.

noone in germany was forced to be a nazi against his will, most kept out of trouble with the nazi terror on the street, those who opposed fascism openly quickly ended up in jail and concentration camps, the lucky ones went into exile, while the majority looked the other way and gratefully cheered about "the reich" getting "strong" again, getting rid of the "shame of versailles", the millions of unemployed getting jobs in the war industry and the army again - and when the proposed war finally broke out, they cheered on each victory of hitlers warmachine - because the reich was "strong" again and everybody got his share.
    and again the germans were looking the other way when the holocaust started and millions had to die in nazi-occupied europe, but when the war turned against nazi-germany - because the resistance recovered from the shock of the blitzkrieg - only the great excuse of
    "we knew nothing of this"
    came up to be still in use to this very day, just and only to hide the fact that most germans had never been nazis, but always were with the pack of homocidal murderers and racists, they never opposed the crimes and atrocities, but consequently defended the reich almost to the last bullet to prevent having to suffer the consequences of committing war crimes and holocaust in the führers name.
    and when the 3rd reich was finished the majority cheerfully accepted the old fascist leaders and generals in the new "democratic" state, which was created after the war.
    everybody knew nothing but now all were "victims" of that demon hitler, blablablagivepeaceachance... o_O

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    When oppressed constantly through means of violence a people can unite and overthrow their oppressors, preferably through a peaceful process, but a brutalized and victimized people can also resort to armed insurgence as a last resort and I for one will never fool myself into believing that wishful thinking will topple a xenophobic and dictatorial upper class.

3. RotCrust

RotCrust Active Member Forum Member

Oct 4, 2011

So are you planning on winning a war of attrition against the police? Like, you want everyone to shoot every cop?

4. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

militant resistance against cops and other mercenaries of the state doesn't mean that you have to kill every fucking cop within sight or assassinate known murderers in uniform - your black&white naivety smells like the typical liberal apathy to me.
    resisting the cops harrassment by straining their organisation and resources can prove that they aren't invincible and that they can't get away with murdering and hurting people without risking a more than expensive response.
    riots show what the people are able to do if they stop being sheeps to be pushed around by the watchdogs of the system, but start to answer repressive violence and deterrence with an adequate questioning of the status quo of power - if they think they can protect the system by violent means and collateral damage - let's find out how we can stop them by turning their means against them - offering the other cheek and waiting for the cops to get tired of beating the shits out of you is as naive and ignorant like this:
    happy martyrdom! o_O

5. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

Why do you have to express yourself like that? I was simply asking a question. What authority do you have to make assumptions and judgments on other people? I never said "lets just do nothing" Can we just TALK about something without putting someone down, or is that liberal apathy too?

6. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

do you call that a question? i call it cheap polemics switching from violence right over to "want everyone to shoot every cop?"
    pull your own nose before start blaming others for putting you down, or asking for my "authority" because i said how you sound to me - and i have no doubt that i spend far more time on the street facing the cops and taking them on than you in your black&white view - and yes, that kind of whining is exactly what i know from liberal "activists" - and by now you not only never said "lets do nothing", you only complained about being put down - oh dear... kind of a habit?

7. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

Yeah, I do call it a question. So about you tell me exactly what you propose to do in regards to using violence against the police? Try not to get angry, eh?

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Are you seriously asking someone to describe tactics in a public forum? Of course people that are active are going to lose patience with you....

9. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

Tactics? You mean like, "we attack point A and then regroup at point B" like their personal step by step game plan? Of course not. I'm asking her for her personal ideas goals and rationalizing. I'm not looking for "lets just smash the state" rhetoric, I want an honest discussion on the implication of "violent" resistance against the police, which I as of right now I'm not sure what it entails.

10. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    How about you try going somewhere else to ask questions that can possibly incriminate our members?

11. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

I just said that's not what I meant. I asked her for her ideas in a general sense, not her specific blueprint.

12. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    It can still be used to incriminate, you would know that if you had any type of direct action experience...

13. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

How is communicating an idea incriminating if you are not saying "I am going to do x on x day" if that's incriminating, what isn't? That's like saying wearing an acab shirt is incriminating. Maybe you still don't get what I mean? Can you explain this to me?

14. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

"exactly" isn't possible because tactics depend on the actual situation, the reason for trouble, the number of people avaliable and the level of their organisation, experience and abilities - so many things are effective, from non-violent civil resistance to stress the cops structures up to breaking through road blocks, open streetfighting, barricading or punctual hit-and-run attacks - you wouldn't have to "ask" again if you would have taken a look at the recent riots like londons, the chilenean unrest or every other example of people getting together and starting to fight back - without any massacre of uniformed marionettes or starting useless fire fights at the wrong time.

15. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Because you are asking into a forum of active anarchists, and "mindset" can, and is, often used in courts to prove motivation and premeditation, if you can't understand that then I really don't know what else to tell you.

16. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

Ok follow up questions:

If the prison industrial complex were to be dissolved, what effect would that have on police?

Were the riots in london effective? What changed because of them? You say 'starting" as if people haven't been rioting against the police for decades. Seems to me like it has only served to stress tensions even more.

If you just acknowledged that non violent civil resistance is effective, why did you dismiss it in the first place?

Do you think demonization is 100% justifiable? As in there is no possibility of a good cop, as in someone whose sincere intention is to help regardless of whether you agree with methods (I'm not talking about beating someone here). What about that cop in new york who secretly taped everything that went on behind closed doors in the department?

17. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Abso-fuckin-lutely here is but one of millions of examples why:

No matter your good intentions, you put that uniform on and all your good intentions are out the window...are there exceptions to the rule? Of course as in everything, but they continue to be the muscle of hierarchy and authority of the upper classes as a whole.

18. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

I'm not arguing that the police are beyond corrupt as a whole. As you said yourself, there are exceptions...there are individuals. The example you posted is out of context because that's a bank paying the institution to keep down the protestors. I'm not there on wall street but here in portland the police were nothing but supportive (so far). No one was muscled around, they made no attempt to stifle the protest, I even heard some officers talking to some protestors, saying they supported the protest and thought the whole experience was positive for everyone. They pre-emptively offered to work with the organizers in the previous weeks, who refused (which I do not disagree with) and still kept the line of communication open. I'm not trying to justify ANYTHING about the police force, as it's still possible and even likely things will turn sour, but I wanted to express that reciprocation is definitely a factor. If you had tons of people marching around with banners that say "kill the police" how much differently do you think things could have gone? If you present to them a violent war-hungry force, they are going to retaliate with greater force and unfortunately they outnumber and outresource us. I'm not pro peaceful hippy sit in a circle kumbaya protesting either. I think we need to try different strategies, ones that aren't begging for violent conflict but aren't passivist either. The line of communication between the people and the police needs to be opened, for as corrupt as the force is, there are individuals who are not opposed to working with people to help the situation.
    Like the guy who recorded the department...

In any case, i think its a matter of priority. I think the prison industrial complex/ the rich are the root of all these problems and while they are still in power nothing is going to change.

19. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I see where you are coming from but I respectfully disagree on methodology, they are not to be trusted as an institution regardless of appearances of goodwill...but I of course do not speak for everyone.

20. RotCrust

Oct 4, 2011

Hypothetical scenario: the aforementioned recording officer, comes to you, a head of an anarchist copwatch group with his evidence and says " what's happening is wrong, I want to help". Do you turn him away out of spite and lose not only the evidence, but an alliance with potential to grow?

I know what you mean about appearances. A lot of the shit the police pull comes from the higher ups. The fact that there is a hierarchical structure within the police is the problem. Disconnect grows between those with power and those without. The face of the police is the face of those with the power. I have heard many stories from punks about being let go by the cops for drinking underaged or smoking weed. My friend told me a story that when she was younger she was drunk and a cop came over to her and started questioning her. She punched the cop in the face. What did he do? He took her home and told her parents they need to keep better watch over their daughter. So, I refuse to believe that every cop is a bastard and needs to be killed. You present that to them long enough, whatever few good cops are left are going to believe they have more in common with the force than with their people. Everyone loses. But like I said, the institution and the cops themselves are two separate entities and should be treated as such. One must remain flexible to deal with things on a case by case basis.

I appreciate the understanding and respect :)