Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

White pride beatings in Melbourne, Australia.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derek Danger, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

I was in a park on Friday afternoon having a beer with a few mates and listening to Chumbawamba on my boombox as we sat around and snacked and sung and lay on the grass just generally enjoying ourselves and causing no fuss. My intention is to paint you a picture of some rather peaceful dudes, causing no harm to anyone, so if I haven't, then imagine that.

We were approached by a group of young men in basketball shorts with short, cropped, mostly blonde (or at least very desparately bleached, presumably to hide any latent trace of a distinct race other than indistinctly white) hair. Their leader wore a singlet top which showed on prominent display his Iron Cross tattoo, worn boldly and sketched poorly across his pale, blotchy skin. Also adorning his speed-addled but leanly muscular frame was a Southern Cross tattoo (the significance of which, I think Queerpunk could probably explain better than I, and which is meant to be a symbol of unionist solidarity but which is more often than not used a means to promote racial vilification) which, I could tell (despite being only a minor artist) had been scrawled upon him by a cretin who had maybe only glimpsed the original design. The other members of the group were somewhat non-descript shaved headed lads, so it was obvious that if this were a unit, he was their captain.

At first we supposed this faction a joke of their own invention, as they clumsily repeated in terrible German "SIG HAIL" (as they put it) and a number of other white power slogans while thrusting their pointed hands toward the sky along their eye-lines. I wondered, perhaps, if they weren't a joke, but had decided to adopt some nazi slogans to scare off the one gentleman of our number who was obviously dark skinned. Since we were many and they few, whatever their intentions, they shambled off again, forever stopping and starting; checking over their shoulders; having huddled conversations with the leader; waiting, as Pat Grant (cartoonist, Australian, very good, look him up) would so ably put it, for something to happen.

We carried on, the beers were drunk, the wine was opened and the tape unwound to the inevitable end of Side "A". As we came to flip it, a young blonde woman of their number, on whose description I shan't lavish much detail, but who seemed to be the type perfectly at home with the men we were soon to properly encounter, approached us for cigarettes. She meant to target the punks among us, especially the ones her fearless leader had identified as anti-fascists, and demanded cigarettes for a mix (if this is not common slang everywhere else, she wanted the tobacco for a bong). Those she had asked initially, none of whom are smokers, declined her without thought. Other members of the group, most of whom roll their own cigarettes and so would not have had whole cigarettes to part with, quite politely told her to try elsewhere. She left, indignant, accusing us of supreme rudeness and reminding us of who she was with. We were still perplexed at the whole matter and chose to keep chilling out, letting the confrontation melt from our minds, and starting the weekend off right.

About the time we put the next tape on (it may have been Agadoo, but who's asking?), we had moved to sit around a statue of what appeared to be a cat, arched in such a way as to make a fantastic couch, barring the slight discomfort of metal on ass. Hardy folks that we are, this obviously bothers us not! Enjoying the rarely-attractive sight of the sun setting over the city, we were interrupted in our levity again by the young woman. She had brought her partner (I suppose, anyway), the leader of the unit, if my logic is fair enough to follow. What ensued was a volley of racist remarks and gestures, his underlings surrounded our group, standing so as to menace us away from the cat, where sat two of my friends who had intially rebuked the requests for cigarettes.

The argument (as, at this stage, it was verbal) which followed was half "race traitor" and half "are you disrespecking my missus? (translation: are you being rude to my girlfriend?)". What this precipitated was that my friend, let's call him Dave (because it's a nice name to call someone), begun to absorb the quickest, most obviously speed(and mindless hatred)-induced flurry of blows I've ever seen perpetrated upon someone. Our female friend, let's call her Terri (because it's the first name I could think of that wasn't hers or a man's name) was grabbed to the ground and kicked and beaten first by the woman, then by two of the shambolic stormtroopers themselves, as she was held down. Dave was beaten repeatedly and senseless by at times all and other times every member of the group in turn, had wine bottles smashed over his head and his bloodied face kicked and kicked as he gushed blood onto the perfect, green, well-trimmed grass. Never in all my life have I witnessed an attack instigated by so little, so methodically orchestrated, or so violent in intention and execution as the one which I witnessed last Friday night.

And I, dear readers, stood, and watched, frozen to the spot. I stood and watched as my friends were beaten and kicked. I stood and watched as everyone else fled. I stood and watched as Dave had a wine bottle broken over his head and then, trying to get his own back, broke another, only to have it crumble in his hands. I stood and watched as my friend's bloodied, twisted mouths called my name between volleys of blows. I stood and watched as I stood and watched idiots, full of hatred and indoctrinated evil, full of cowardice and lust for violence and destruction, tried stamping out the flames, so long burning in all my friend's dear hearts, of courage, integrity, beauty, passion and peacefulness.

I just wanted to make a pledge today.

Never again shall I let ugliness kick at the face of beauty.
    Never again shall I let fear win over courage to object.
    Never again shall I stand idly as brutality smothers in its grasp the flowers of peacefulness.
    Never again shall this be allowed to happen to my dearest of friends.
    And never again shall I stand, aghast and gaping-mouthed, as my friends spill blood in an unchosen battle, for the love of their right to exist.

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

fucked up shit, he was ok the next day though. Beaten & bruised but in good spirits.
    (I wasn't there BTW)

3. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

I spoke to him the next day as well, and was very pleased to hear him in good humour. Then again, he has such an unquashable humour does our "Dave" that I doubt anybody could have broken his spirit with such as a beating. By the way, liking the Mike Moore motif there, good screen grab.

4. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

thanks,
    yeah, 'Dave' is hard to piss off.
    I'm not sure how 'Terri' is though, hopefully ok.

5. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Both "terri" and "jane" (who I didn't mention in my piece, but got a big ol' gash on the head from a bottle to the face) fared a little better, but endured rather savage conduct nonetheless, so I can only hope as well that they're not too bad. "jane" is fine, I hear, which is a lovely piece of news to receive any day.

6. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

cool

7. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

Dont worry Derek...

I think it may be time to go hunting for fascists again...

:antifa: :anti-nazi: :anti-nazi: :ecouteurs: :antifa: :ecouteurs:

8. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

That may be the cutest assortment of emoticons I've ever seen beating the shit out of the fascist hate machine!

9. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Sad to hear what happened, so good luck from the assembled germun race traitors! :antifa:

10. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

I can safely say that you Derek are the master of not getting to the point haha! such fluid details :thumbsup:

11. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Haha, I find it impossible to sit down behind a keyboard without rambling. Although I did eschew my usual barrage of references to the Bee Gees, Dire Straits and Barbara Bush...

12. jigsaw-youth

jigsaw-youth Member Forum Member

Jan 12, 2010

This was definately the most brutal and disturbing fight I have have witnessed and managed to be caught up in.Watching a young female being kicked in the head three times in a row by a ruthless male was sickening. I never thought a good ol goon in the park would turn into something like that and I hope I never have to witness anything like that again.

13. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

wow...even a park isnt a safe place to be any more
    :lmao:

14. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

hey Probe, get those Melbourne Black's i sent ya?
    horrible joke BTW :p

15. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

fuck, more Melbourne ppl on here than I thought!
    Pity I learnt this due to such a fucked up incident.
    G'day Jigsaw-youth! :thumbsup:
    cheers for re-posting Iain's story from Meblz Black on yr tumblr

16. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

haha I'll work on that :)
    and yea I did get them thanks for that too :p

Haven't had time to read them yet but I was just wondering, in the cover it it used to say " A journal of Melbourne anarchy" but now it says "A journal of Libertarian Communism"
    so...what up with that?

17. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

Firstly, I'm of the opinion that the two terms (anarchist & libertarian communism respectively) are interchangeable, both politically and historically. If you read, say, Paz's 'Durruti In The Spanish Revolution' he refers to numerous occasions where the anarchists take over this village or that and 'declare Libertarian Communism'.

So we've not dropped anarchism as our politics. However, the change is for 3 reasons:
    1. We didn't write the 'journal of Melbourne Anarchy', our design dude just added it, not that we were pissed off bout it. We kinda want to play around with the tagline a bit, don't be surprised if its diff again next issue.
    2. My co-editor Seamus is flirting with Autonomous Marxism, it made him feel a bit more comfortable to reference Negri with the changed tagline.
    3. There are heaps of ppl who claim to be anarchists who aren't into class struggle anarchism (class strugge anarchism= anarchist-communism & anarcho-syndicalism imho), like, say, primitivism, crimethinc, etc. We wanted to be clear that we came from a class struggle perspective. As we were asking ppl to join our collective, we didn't want fucking primmos coming and joining.

18. jigsaw-youth

jigsaw-youth Member Forum Member

Jan 12, 2010

Yeah its ashame you had to find out that way, but unfortunately bad events tend to bring people together.
    No probz about the tumblr repostage, its clearly worthy of it. There were a lot of thing in there that I really had no clue about, good to be constantly learning new things about things/places that are relevant :)

19. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

shanananananana! :lmao:

20. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

I think I'm missing a crucial verb here.