Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Where is music going next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sick Boy 77, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

This question has been on my mind for a while. Since the dawn of civilization there has always been a form of music. Over time it has evolved into many different types and genres. I don't know what the first style of music is, if there is a first. But from it and many others there have been spin offs after spin offs. Rock'n'Roll for one has more styles to it than I can remember. So here is the big question. Where is music going to go next? Do you think there is anywhere else it can go? There is already technology based music. Hence Techno. Punk it self has already been put to more things than you can count. Although, I have yet to here classical punk. Punk mix with classical music. Hm..... That may be the place it can to go next, if it already hasn't been there. I don't know. But still. All the other genres of music have other spin offs of themselves. I probably have heard it all. What are your thoughts on it?

2. Veganarchy

Veganarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

Interresting question. I think that a lot of new crossover genres wil show up. You already see how electronic music and rock is blending more and more into weird forms such as "Nintendo-core" and "Crunk-core". So my guess would be, that new sub-genres emerge, and blend in with other subgenres from another "genre-umbrella".

Some Ideas:

Dub-thrash
    Neo-grime-violence
    Tween-goth-core
    Progressive speed-polka
    Post psy-core
    Blackende Crack Rock Steady
    Ambient emo-grunge
    Br00tal Death Jazz
    PS3 raw crust

:ecouteurs:

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    neo-libertarian-punk = anarcho-capitalist punks supporting copyrights

4. Veganarchy

Veganarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

We had a band in Denmark a few years ago called VENSTRES VENNER (Friends of Venstre, the danish libetarian party). They played a show in Ungdomshuset, where they gave away free Coca Cola and Mc Donalds burgers, and had bouncers dressed as cops. it was joke thou, compared to other crass..ehh..class traitors..

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Yup been done as well I'll see if I can find you examples...

6. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 13, 2012

leftover crack is very good at incorporating string quartets into anarcho punk.

as for the original question:

nowhere good.

7. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

Those are some good examples. I had forgotten about the Nintendo thing. I haven't heard much of it lately so it's something that isn't on my mind. It will be interesting to see where the future takes music.

8. affirmedatheist

affirmedatheist Member New Member

Jul 27, 2012

There'll always be experimentation around the edges of the music scene, always has been. I couldn't tell you where that's going, because creativity is quite something to behold.

It's easy to see where the mainstream music is going, though. One one hand, there'll be Pop Wonder #21981018201, and on the other hand there'll be Nationalist # 112108201, all given specific lyrics to sing, discouraged from doing anything other than the studio's bidding (who themselves do the bidding of their parent companies).

9. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

That I'd like to see!

Also, keep yr eyes peeled for blackened jukecore, post-goth future garage & d&d (drums and drums).

10. Manufactured Consent

Manufactured Consent Member Forum Member

Aug 12, 2012

AKA most of the famous punk bands.