Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

When will people realize enough is enough.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoeyV, Dec 27, 2010.

1. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

What's with all these misanthropes masquerading as anarchists?

If this is what 'Green Anarchy' is, then it has nothing to do with anarchism...

2. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Recovering misanthrope, here. I had my reasons for thinking that way, and I don't doubt some others have theirs (I'm sure there's a few people here who just think the "fuck humans" mentality is cool). It's just hard to see it now and think "that was me".

3. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I've always known green anarchy to be misanthropic, but never considered it to hold the idea of killing all humans.

"If this is what 'Green Anarchy' is, then it has nothing to do with anarchism..."

Exactly.

I've always considered myself a bit of a primitivist, but more so in the sense of reversing the constantly escalating human, grip, for lack of a better word, on the earth. Acting like it's ours to expend. Definitely always supporting the idea of buying things locally made, but that is pretty much the idea in any anarchist sub catagory.
    I think after the revolution a lot of certain industries need to terminated.

4. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

There's no doubt that we require a different method of living with nature, but human extinction (or running around naked with clubs for that matter) does not seem to be the best conclusion to reach... lol.

Seriously, who'd want to work in a uranium mine after the revolution anyway...
    besides, many people's jobs aren't actually productive within advanced capitalism. Actually working to fulfill human needs would drastically cut down work hours methinks. After the anarcho-punk revo we'll just need beer homebrewers and enough metal to produce studs. ;)

5. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Yeah, exactly. I wasn't implying human extinction as a solution if that's what my post seemed to imply.

But I'm gonna miss disneyland! o_O

6. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

nah, not implying that at all, was just agreeing with you. ;)

Disneyland is counter-revo. :p

7. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Dunno, not everything labeled "green anarchy" actually is green anarchy, most people with this attitude I've known were openminded realists, constantly re-considering their position in relation with their daily experience - the outcome was a conversion of the actual nuisances into something usable without any notion to refuse technology, science or collectivism just to follow some stupid doctrin.
    Alienation and social circumstances produce fugitives from "society", this misanthropic shit is often only the cover for social incompetence - too bad that green fundamentalism is very attractive to people suffering from it.
    Guess I already said it before: Running away from society isn't a way to change it, and the mental asylum of "living in the wilds" is just a nightmares breeding idle illusion.
    It's important to ease the overstrain our species poses to the ecosystem, but I think social and economic change after the liberation will develop it's own dynamics, the betterment of daily living for everyone everywhere including a higher education standard is the best way to deal with the threat of overpopulation, some development projects in the "3th" world already proved this tendency. Local traditions can fill any gap left by western technology/ways of production after capitalism is gone and the multitude of different ways to achieve something constructive will push science to a new level unbound by profit interests.
    There is no need for genocid, it's impossible to do without committing suicide anyway - but I guess I would volunteer for the uranium mine - just to make sure it is closed down and sealed carefully and after that I will volunteer again - for the beer homebrewing and I think I'll become a true and passionate expert...

8. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Surely, the misanthropes have an obligation to kill themselves? If human beings are the scum of the earth, you can be no more responsible for the human race than yourself - commit suicide.

That being said, I have serious issues with increasing the human population. I don't expect everyone to share my mentality but I believe there are plenty of humans that need looking after without having to make anymore. A couple of years ago I swore the only way I'd have kids is through adoption and I stand more strongly behind that position now than I ever have previous.

I think its been said a few times but I'll concur that most of us on here have realised that enough is enough. The most important thing is to find a way to make a positive change any way you can and be prepared for action when the time comes.

9. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

i think most of the misanthropy is just an excuse to keep personal problems well hidden behind a smokescreen of radical sounding theories, and the worst thing beside the social aspects is: they slow down the development of constructive solutions. a bit like this Stooges' "search&destroy"-stance - or the pistols "they made you a moron, a walking h-bomb" - actually the top two of a bunch of local kid punks around here where we live, somehow running with the scene and using it for their own good, but already enraging people too with their loud stand-by apathy and frustrating many watching their inability to produce more than boring "wild" plans and complaints about the bad bad world outside - the bad bad scene included.
    but i guess that's the point where the scene has to become socio-pedagogical - who would have thought it?

i agree that a massive increase of the human population will become a serious problem - if we don't succeed in abolishing the reasons responsible for the increase. in the western hemisphere having children is posing an poverty risk - that's why - for an example "the germans" are a dying breed, no longer able to afford taking the responsibility for children - outside the well lit but expensive paradise a big family is exacly the opposite: a chance to increase the chance of individual survival. if we manage to mutually balance both parts, worlds population will regulate itself - pure biology - and education will speed up the process further.