Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

When I first learned about capitalism...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trevor9849, Dec 18, 2010.

1. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

Before I really got involved with punk, before I was anti-capitalism, and actually before I even knew what capitalism was... I used to go to the mall. I didn't go there to hang out or to be trendy or because i thought it was the cool thing to do or some shit, I went there because that was the only place where I could get my music at. Also because I liked some of the band shirts. I also bought 2 belts there I didn't know where to get them at. Then I found out what capitalism was and I was like "Shit, thats all the mall is! A bunch of capitalist bastsards. Fuck that place, I'll find other ways to get my music from now on". I wanted to get rid of everything I ever got there. Then I realized that I don't have to burn every fucking trace of that shithole just yet when I already wasted my money, I'll just do the opposite of what the greedy companys want you to do with their stuff . I was going to throw out the belts i got, but then I had a kinda cool idea. I'm going to take the studs off those belts and make a completely different belt with them by putting them on a plain black belt I had. I thought that was a cool idea because it's my way of protesting by "tearing down what those companys built" so to speak and also a way to stick to the DIY ethic of punk. I also decided that I'm not going to throw out the t shirts I got there just yet because they are just clothes and I'll tear the tags off so I don't support companys anyway. I'm only keeping the shirts so I have something to wear other than the few other shirts I have. I think by realizing how I was foolish and a consumer before and how to be against it now, I'm taking a step in the right direction, i don't know what direction it is but it's better than the one I was almost heading down before.

2. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Don't throw shit out, donate it. Recycle, that is if you must throw it out. That's one individual way of cutting consumerism while simultaneously helping out those less fortunate. Also try and buy second hand stuff, from thrift shops etc. or mom and pop shops, hole in the wall places. If you throw shit out and buy new shit, you're still supporting consumption, and supply and demand. Besides, it's a nice feeling wearing clothes you got for cheap, fixed up, and made personal yourself.

3. JoeyV

JoeyV Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 23, 2010

4. Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather

Vegan_Who_Wears_Leather Active Member Forum Member

Jun 16, 2010

What do you think about going to the movie theatre or eating in the mall because that's all I ever go for.

5. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

Dude, complete resistance of capitalism is impossible, even the dirtiest, crustiest squatter still has to buy some stuff from the system (usually booze, cigs, food, etc)...what you gotta do is just minimize damage as much as possible. Not going to the mall is a good idea, but use what you already have anyways.

6. ou818

ou818 Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

One could join a self sufficient commune, of which the commune builds it's own shelter, grows it's own produce etc.

7. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

i lolled.

8. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

I almost half expected, "So I burnt all my clothes and my mum got scared. She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'"

9. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Majority of my clothes are second hand. Wish i could say it's because i'm fighting the corporations and being punkasfuck but it's mainly because I'm a broke ass. Thriftshops/hand-me-downs FTW. Sometimes family /friends will buy me something new (they know the little money I do get goes mainly to my son)...and I gratefully (most of the time) wear that shit.

10. Kerstbal

Kerstbal Active Member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

11. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

agreed!

12. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

question from the dark part of the world behind the mountains: what's so funny about bel air?
    sounds like kind of a golden cage?

13. ou818

ou818 Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ1NA7Mgzgw[/video]

14. (Filipe)

(Filipe) Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

it's protected by copyright --.
    Let's go copyleft!

15. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member