Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Whats the point?

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Livingsickness, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Livingsickness

Livingsickness Member New Member

Feb 23, 2011

April 7th in portland oregon, punks who call themselves 'anarchist' roamed the streets protesting holding signs saying "every cop, a murderer" chanting and had themseleves what they call an "anti police rally." What the fuck is the the point? I mean seriously, put down your beers, quit sniffin glue, put away your dope and realize its a waste of time. Your in "America." It will never be a country without police, so why waste a breath and give em a chance to arrest you when you could be protesting against bigger things? How bout instead of bitching about cops cuz its what kids on your punk "how to's" do it, how bout you take on something that will create change. My frustration is many people complain about the world and the life they live but all they do is drink instead of getting off there ass and doing something about it. Make history, make change, start new, show you have a voice and wont be ignored. But be smart about the way you do it or nothing will change.

...........But then again this is my beliefs, not yours.........

CHEERS

2. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

While I appreciate that you are simply venting your spleen, the effectiveness of pissed-off ranting on a sort-of-obscure website (or any website for that matter) hardly raises the bar for constructive political action. Also, you can easily put a positive slide on this - they are at least protesting and, though they are drinking and acting in a manner that would be considered anti-social, they have shown that they need no social control when having a good time. It creates an essence of community (I know I'm being quite romantic here). The real problem is what is not 'a waste of time'. What is constructive action? What is real change? I would argue there is room for both, anyway - pretty pointless protests, growing an allotment to full-scale revolution or have their place in anti-capitalist action, I think.

3. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Why you would ask 3rd parties, namely us, 'what the point' was when you ask those involved directly?

Following that, according to this infoshop story, 'the point' was:
    Comparatively, your constructive, positive advice for those currently being persecuted (amongst the scores of others brutalised and harassed by the police on a regular basis) is, in essence, 'get used to it' ("Your in "America." It will never be a country without police, so why waste a breath"), how awesome are you?

Moreover, you allege "all they do is drink", "put down your beers, quit sniffin glue, put away your dope". On what are you basing yr allegations that said protestors were either drunk or stoned?

@Caps:
    accusations of anti-social behaviour would be better directed at the police considering the above story I mention reports:
    no? ;)

4. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Jeeeeeeeeesus. Sort of validates the action, right there, does it not. Messed up.

5. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Dude...wow. There won't be any change without taking on the police, because THEY EXIST TO MAKE SURE THERE IS NO CHANGE. Bigger things? There's a police force that exists in every little corner of the world (where there's a human population) with the sole purpose to keep us in virtual slavery. How is that not big enough?

"It will never be a country with out police..." Damn straight. That's why we want to get rid of the cops AND the country.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6277&p=42721&hilit=police+street+level+military#p42721

6. thatpunkchick

thatpunkchick New Member New Member

Mar 20, 2011

simply, they are DOING SOMETHING! And here[america] police have NOTHING better to do than FIND someone to get in trouble, so i support the fact that they are having a small protest, and who knows they may have bigger plans for the future--you have to start somewhere!
    and as for making history-- they obviously got somewhere with it, if it is getting posted on the internet and in the news..

it may not be what you or I would protest about (Well, I may.lol) but it is their beliefs and how they use their beliefs to influence others is up to them.

But vent away!

\m/

7. snookams

snookams Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 7, 2010

everyone is an activist, whether you know it or not. you may not protest the police, but they sure as hell can protest you. when shit turns sour, even the most upright citizen can be in the police crosshairs.