Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

What is Googles agenda involving Egypt?

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by DZA, Feb 1, 2011.

1. DZA

DZA Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 30, 2010

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/ ... 5F20110201
    What do you think googles reason for doing this is? I don't know much about the politics of Egypt and what's going on but I don't believe Google are really trying to help the revolution? There must be another reason behind it.

2. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

I wouldn't say they're trying to help any revolution. It could be the work of Egyptian-born employees of google who talked them into it. It could be a publicity stunt. Could be both. Either way it's there so use it.

3. puck

puck Member Forum Member

Feb 1, 2011

i think google wants to stay neutral.
    it would be considered "bad" if they were able to keep communication with egypt up and running, but didn't.

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Interessing, now it would be even more interessing if google could launch a phone service to allow chinese to do a normal search with google. But oh wait, no, google decided to collabore with the chinese government and censor their own website because chinese is the world's second biggest internet market and they couldn't afford to lose money. But there's no money to lose when turning back to egpytian government, especially when internet is disabled in egypt.

5. puck

puck Member Forum Member

Feb 1, 2011

a phone service?