Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

What instrument do you play?

Discussion in 'Band promotion & new album releases' started by blackcat, Sep 10, 2009.

1. WrongfullSuspicion

WrongfullSuspicion Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 17, 2010

True, but the ukulele is the most epic one fosho!

2. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

Haha, last hike I went on, which is actually a while ago now, I had a friend called Glen along with us. He wore a hat made of a single strip of felt so his hair stuck out the top and it looked like a lampshade. Aside from his awesome headwear, he also carried a ukulele as we walked, and stuck to the back of the group playing covers of Johnny Cash songs on it. It was pretty fucking epic, I must admit.

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Im sure most of us (the males at least) also play the skinflute!

4. WrongfullSuspicion

Apr 17, 2010

Haha damn!
    Why aren't there epic people like your friend Glenn around here!
    We need more Glenns!

5. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

Yes, we do! Tiny little hobbit looking dudes with lampshade hats and tree-green vests and mystical ukulele powers, roaming the landscape with backpacks larger than themselves and longjohns with butt-flaps.

6. (Filipe)

(Filipe) Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

Bass player

Hi , one friend of mine is learning how to play bass ,and he is always saying that is pretty easy.
    I want to play some instrument but i'm not very good at music :ecouteurs: (not listening) , and i want to know what u think...
    Is it easy? :D

7. WrongfullSuspicion

Apr 17, 2010

Re: Bass player

Don't understimate bass guitar, often it is harder than the guitar, atleast in most punk that is, and if the bass isn't just playing the root notes of the guitar chords.
    In my opinion, if you want to learn to play an instrument, I'd start off with an ukulele!
    It's rather easy to get play, but hard to master, and you can get really cheap models to try it out, so you wont waste money on a bass guitar.

8. sludgefuck

sludgefuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2010

I play my throat. I'm an avid crusty/death metal vocalist

9. dirty-mike-crisis

dirty-mike-crisis Member New Member

May 31, 2011

i currently play guitar in a fairly mediocre manor and aply loud raspy vocals in my band dirt nap

10. Mike Nobody

Mike Nobody Active Member Forum Member

Apr 28, 2011
     United States
    Bass, Guitar, Vocals, Trumet, Noise Machines, and Tapes.

Some noise machines include:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. The Freakboi

The Freakboi Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 8, 2011

I play bass, guitar, drum/midi programming, keyboards, various circuit-bent instruments/noise-machines and vocals.

I'm mainly a vocalist but I know my way around all of the above, at least enough to write with them.

This is my band: "Monolithia"
    soundcloud.com/monolithia
    I'm the lead vocalist and I programmed all the drums apart from on Plughole Tornado. Other than that, I wrote the verse and chorus guitar and bass riffs on Play Me and I did everything on the Neanderthal Interlude (Circuit bent Barbie Keyboard, MIDI drums and bongos)

This is my solo project:
    soundcloud.com/thefreakboi
    The instrumentation is mostly MIDI and circuit bent toys though I occasionally use a guitar and a bass. Oh, and please don't judge me based on the track "Nicholas Cage", it was purely an experiment to see how well Garageband could handle time signature changes, its not a proper song.